News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Problem with amstrad joystick aj-5 and 6128plus

Started by amijim, 21:50, 17 January 17

Previous topic - Next topic

amijim

Hello community,after having a c4cpc module for which we shall thank Gerald once again,i would like to help me out trouble shooting a malfunctioning amstrad aj5 joystick.I select tennis  cup game which is known to work with analogue joysticks but i can only have a reaction on button no2.Could help me to fix the joystick?Where should i start from?It used to work last time used it ......20 years ago!thank you.Tomorrow i will have and arnold 5 report..

Bryce

Hi amijim,
      I'd open the joystick first and check that the switch is physically ok and hasn't broken off or got bad solder joints. If that's all ok then I'd check that there are no broken wires in the cable.

Bryce.

arnoldemu

Quote from: amijim on 21:50, 17 January 17
Hello community,after having a c4cpc module for which we shall thank Gerald once again,i would like to help me out trouble shooting a malfunctioning amstrad aj5 joystick.I select tennis  cup game which is known to work with analogue joysticks but i can only have a reaction on button no2.Could help me to fix the joystick?Where should i start from?It used to work last time used it ......20 years ago!thank you.Tomorrow i will have and arnold 5 report..
I think this is correct. The game doesn't check both buttons, but check on the arnold 5 test cart to be sure.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

VincentGR

I have a plus machine but no time to test it  :picard:

Well, on the plain 6128 models there is a built in test in basic.
It reports directions and the two fire buttons just by pressing them.

amijim

Thank you for,your quick reply and support,i used arnold 5 and i get values changing on channel 0 and 1 from 00 to 3F  channel 3 and 4 steady 3f and both fire buttons work in....i dont remember the channel,yet the joystick itself doesnt appearto work in loriciels pro tennis even if i  select analogue joystick,just the fire buttons.So what is the case? Tomorrow i will try future OS.Do you know of any other compatible game?what about c4cpc module?fire buttons work as select and go back,but not the up down left right stick.thank you.

gerald

Quote from: amijim on 18:31, 18 January 17
what about c4cpc module?fire buttons work as select and go back,but not the up down left right stick.thank you.
That's expected. CprSelect does not support the analogue joystick  !
I don't have one to test  :-\

dragon

I have one With twisted stick.(seller lie me wtf). :picard2: but i never try patch a game with the analog joystick sound as  it need a hard study of test plus cartridge wtf. But arnold emu suppot analog joystick if you want implement it.