News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

PS2Mouse (AMX) not working correctly

Started by mikezt, 17:04, 13 April 19

Previous topic - Next topic

mikezt

Hello everyone!
I build the PSMouse interface (http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/PS2Mouse) and it was running almost on the first try. Problem is that the mouse movement is working fine (I tested it in Art Studio and AMX Art), but the buttons are not working all the time (it's like working-not working-working... with random period).
The difference between original scheme and my creation is that I used crystal + 2 capacitors and not the oscillator.
Do you have ideas where should I look for a problem? Thanks!
mike/zeroteam

rpalmer

mikezt,
Are there dry joints?
Could put up a picture of the board.
rpalmer

Bryce

Does the LED blink once when you press a button? Or does the LED start flashing a few times when you aren't touching the mouse? If the second one is happening, the circuit might be unstable and is resetting. A picture of your device might help the diagnosis.

Bryce.

mikezt

Quote from: Bryce on 09:29, 21 April 19
Does the LED blink once when you press a button? Or does the LED start flashing a few times when you aren't touching the mouse? If the second one is happening, the circuit might be unstable and is resetting. A picture of your device might help the diagnosis.
Hi!
Sorry for a delay with reply.

I tried to resolder the board and I checked all connections, but it's still working the same way. The LED blinks once when I press a button and it's on when I'm moving the mouse. In idle is the LED always off. Here are pictures of my board.
mike

Bryce

Hmmm, some of those joints don't look good at all. It looks like your iron was possibly too hot or the solder might be quite old too. I'd at least re-solder the joints I've circled below, because they all could be possible causes. You should never be able to see into the hole when the joint has been soldered.

Did you etch the board yourself? It looks very nicely made.

Bryce.