News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

PS2Mouse from bryce firmware problem

Started by FRAGKI-2012, 01:50, 14 January 13

Previous topic - Next topic

FRAGKI-2012

I made the ps2mouse adaptor for cpc and the pic programmer , I took the hex program from bruce so that I program my pic but an error appears. The error says: " Varify failed at address 0000h! " The steps that I follow are:
I adapt the program in the right settings and I open the hex file that I have downloaded from cpcwiki  and then I click on "program all" .
Can anyone help me to solve my problem?
Thanks

Bryce

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

FRAGKI-2012

Bryce

Quote from: TFM/FS on 15:56, 14 January 13
Could the PIC be write protected?

PICs don't have write protection, only read protection (known as Code Protection) to stop someone from extracting your code. But even with that turned on, you can over-write the PIC.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 20:34, 14 January 13
PICs don't have write protection, only read protection (known as Code Protection) to stop someone from extracting your code. But even with that turned on, you can over-write the PIC.

Bryce.

Right, you can overwrite - but you can't check. So a check of 'is data written correctly' could produce the above error message. Any other ideas?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

No, when you do a "Write and Verify", the data is written, then verified and only then does the Code Protect bit gets set and user decides whether Code-Protect is set or not with and option in the PC program he's using. So you can still do all the verifying you want.

Bryce.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft