News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Real Time Clock Board

Started by dxs, 19:14, 10 February 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in buying a RTC board?

Yes. Definitely, as a complete standalone.
14 (31.1%)
Only if usable in parallel with the X-MEM.
22 (48.9%)
Only as a module to plug on my physical ROMBOARD I already have.
1 (2.2%)
No thanks.
8 (17.8%)

Total Members Voted: 45

||C|-|E||

I would also be interested in the next batch. The idea would be to have X-MASS, X-MEM, this board and the clone of Multiface II at the same time  :D

TotO

Quote from: TFM on 21:57, 22 September 15But even nicer would be the selection of MODE 1 / 2.
And restore Tape routines? Just use FW 3.0.
With that to handle ROMs, FW3.1x is mainly quiet and hardware information displayed on MODE 2 than not fit on MODE 1.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

For some MODE 2 is hard to read.  :o
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 03:47, 23 September 15
I would also be interested in the next batch. The idea would be to have X-MASS, X-MEM, this board and the clone of Multiface II at the same time  :D

Then the MX4 is full with all you  need.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

dxs

2 or 3 more people and I'll look into making some more when I have time this fall. This time I would offer the possibility to buy the kit for those how like breathing toxic fumes... I mean soldering :-)

@Prodatron thanks for the great work!

TFM

Quote from: dxs on 17:16, 23 September 15
2 or 3 more people and I'll look into making some more when I have time this fall. This time I would offer the possibility to buy the kit for those how like breathing toxic fumes... I mean soldering :-)

Great news!!!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 18:55, 22 September 15

For FW 3.15 thsi was expected, because it suppresses the sign on message. Therefore the TimeROM can't show you the graphic clock symbol, nor time, nor date. Clearly a FW3.15 problem.

About the HxC ROM... it's buggy anyway! I have the HxC as B drive and it always tries to fuck up my A drive by moving the head to track 255, that really suxx. The solution I found it to start the HxC tool from the autoboot.hfe file on drive B.

Sorry, for not being able to help more, but in this case the problems are somewhat in the cases nature. And there is no source for the HxC ROM out there (or I just don't know about it. Else a fix would be doable).
so can I confirm, that with the rtc fitted and rtc rom active you can launch hxc.bin from the autoboot.hfe? Because I can't. I get the same clock and app crash as I do with the hxc rom. I might go back to the hxc v2 ;)
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TFM

You should be able to use RSX commands like !ROMON or !ROMOFF to select your active ROMs. Guess parking a ROM is only a valuable option for ROMs which one is NOT using on a regular base. However that brings me to the idea of adding an RSX like !RP (for ROM park which does just invert the first byte of a ROM at &C000 and by this means park or unpark it).

If I have time then I will take a look at the TIMEROM source code, but in my case the HxC ROM doesn't work at all from ROM (only from autoboot.hfe disc image).

The TIMEROM isn't imho interfering with other stuff, except reserving some RAM maybe. Try to move it to a place lower than that of the HxC (I can't to that experiment, because HxC always accesses the wrong physical drive, which is bad for the mechanics. Got no idea where's the problem).

EDIT: Thinking about all that it reminds me a lot about the pioneer days of the CPC. Also back the day products / ROMs from different 'companies' didn't work together well. That was one main reason for me to decide to do my own OS, leaving the flaws of other OS behind me: Monolithic and made for a dedicated hardware, no need to run with any platform. Just run well with one platform.  :)  Seems that in time things always repeat.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

dirtybb

Hello all,

I am always looking for this board :) 

Got dxs via PM, he actually agrees for a 10 boards' second batch.
@TFM, radu14m, Singaja, ||C|-|E||, are you always interested in one board?

If yes, counting me, we miss 5 more...So, are some other people interested in?

Cheers.

Singaja

Yes, I'm still interested. I reckon there's no other MX4 board forthcoming which would have the clock functionality combined with something else analogously to Symbiface2 (which is not MX4 obviously)? There were some ideas to make a MX4 board for the PS/2 mouse, I'm not sure if this can be combined together with clock but would be cool if feasible, because I'm running out of MX4 slots (I know the MX4 motherboard can be stacked but my Amstrad(s) surrounding is getting messy :P)

||C|-|E||

I would interested in the board, sure  :D

TFM

Hi! I would definitely take another one.  :)  The board itself is in great quality, fits the MX4 slots and is supported by all major CPC-OS. IMHO the best choice of an RTC for the CPC.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

dirtybb

:)

So, need 6 more to go.
Someone else interested ?

Regards

TFM

[/url]
TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

I always keep in mind to produce a MiniBooster add-on that provide RTC and mouse.
It is intended to be plugged over it and not waste an extra MX4 slot. But I have not actually the time to acheive it.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

||C|-|E||

That would be a superb idea as well, really superb to be honest  :)

TotO

The MiniBooster was made for and we have already done prototyping some years ago.
It is why, this expansion is slim and some pins are available for extra serial capabilities.

netmercer

Hi dirtybb,
I'm interested in this RTC board too.
Having CP/M plus with RTC would be great.

Kind regards
netmercer

archcosmo

I'm interested in an RTC board too!

Cheers

dirtybb

Quote from: netmercer on 16:09, 20 March 16
Hi dirtybb,
I'm interested in this RTC board too.
Having CP/M plus with RTC would be great.

Kind regards
netmercer

Quote from: archcosmo on 21:44, 20 March 16
I'm interested in an RTC board too!

Cheers

So, only 4 more to go now :)

Someone else interested in ?

TFM

We're getting there!  ;D
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Well, if nobody wants them I can take two too. They're awesome!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

dxs

Hi there,

To people interested in the CPC RTC, I received a request for 2 more boards via PM so I think we're at something like 8, I'll start a 10 pieces batch. Expect a delay of at least 1 month, payments will be requested once the boards are made or at least components are ordered.
Watch your PM's.

Best CPC regards
Thierry

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft