News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

SD Floppy emulator + Touch Screen Display!

Started by Neil79, 15:01, 21 June 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazy Dude

you mean - could it be better if the guy was posting info on here!!

Neil79

Quote from: Lazy Dude on 19:23, 21 June 14

Would be nice, maybe he is on here  :o
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Lazy Dude

Hmm... as there's a wealth of expertise on here it could help move the project forward?

Gryzor

Kris

CraigsBar

I can just see that fitter internally on a CPC 6128 above a 3.5inch drive with a hole cut in the case so the screen is flush mounted pointing up.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

mr_lou

I'm allergic to anything touch-screen....

Gryzor

I guess you still use a featurephone? :D

mr_lou

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:56, 22 June 14
I guess you still use a featurephone? :D

Well, for work yes, I use my old trusty Sony Ericsson Aino.
Sadly I'm stuck with an Android phone for personal use, because I don't want to carry around a video-camera either, and I want to be able to record video whenever I want.

For a long time though, I have strongly thought about going back to a feature phone and just buy e.g. a Hero Pro. I don't use any smartphone features except the video camera anyway, and SMS typing is about 50.000 times faster on a feature phone.

robcfg

It's nice! If it could be made with portrait orientation and substituting the metal plate on top the 6128's disk drive, then it would be an awesome setup!

Bryce

Unless this device offers something that the HxC doesn't (other than the touchscreen), what's the point? It will just be a more expensive HxC.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 08:37, 23 June 14
Unless this device offers something that the HxC doesn't (other than the touchscreen), what's the point? It will just be a more expensive HxC.

Bryce.

Touch screens are always good

Bryce

CraigsBar

Perhaps this will make the HxC seem like a cheeper option. And thus prevent the HxC is too expensive threads. The HxC is worth every cent, I guess I'll be getting a 2nd on (cased this time) for my 'new' 464 plus.

TotO

My HxC don't have screen, because:
- All can be managed from the CPC screen using the nice NoRecess tool.
- I don't use many disc images at the same time.
- The screen eat power needed by the CPC if you mount it internally.

For me, adding a touch feature is a gadget. (but, for me, sure)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

mr_lou

I also decided to drop the screen for my HxC.
What is this tool from NoRecess you talk about?

EDIT: Nevermind.
HxC Floppy Emulator Manager - NoRecess

I think I'm way behind. Never even seen the version with the blue background before now. Gotta check it out soon.

TotO

HxC Floppy Emulator Manager V3 released - NoRecess

It allow to attribute some HFE to 16 slots.
Then, using the 3 HxC buttons:
- left=prev disc
- mid=hxc tool
- right=next disc
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

CraigsBar

I still prefer having the screen. It helps when I cannot remember which image is in each of the slots.

TotO

Sure, I understand.
I principally use 6 images, so it's easy to remember. And if I'm wrong (after doing a CAT), i can try again.  ;D
The best will be a HxC ROM with a RSX to list the slots content... (it's possible)

Piotr

Quote from: Lazy Dude on 19:23, 21 June 14

Here?  2 pages people  talking about nothing ;) Anyway i do it for myself so i don't care ;)

Gryzor

I like the screen, since most of the time I have the 16 slots of HxC full and it speeds the workflow quite a bit, instead of CATing every slot.

In this case, the screen could go one step further, if it does away with the need for a software slot manager. I like.

The Last Bandit

Nice idea but its just something else to go wrong and just doesn't 'fit' right. Most likely that board could run a CPC emulator.

Lazy Dude

to be honest I only looked at it as a private project. Who can argue with one mans passion for tinkering with his retro device, and share the results online why not?  ;D

Gryzor

No one, that's for sure. But of course, that doesn't mean others can't argue the pros and cons.

I still want one btw :)