News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Searching for an X-MEM

Started by Nitro, 16:17, 10 May 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro

Hello all!
Does any of you have an unused X-MEM board that they would sell me?I already owned an M4 Wifi Board (great piece of hardware, btw!), but the X-MEM would be fit for both memory extension and ROM management.
Thanks!

CraigsBar

Quote from: Nitro on 16:17, 10 May 19
Hello all!
Does any of you have an unused X-MEM board that they would sell me?I already owned an M4 Wifi Board (great piece of hardware, btw!), but the X-MEM would be fit for both memory extension and ROM management.
Thanks!
Better off getting a ram expansion to accompany the m4 imho. That way you get mass storage, rom and ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TotO

Quote from: Nitro on 16:17, 10 May 19
Hello all!
Thanks!
You should go for a Z-MEM if your M4 is already used for the ROM usage.
By the way, you can contact me to get one of them.  ;)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

CraigsBar

Quote from: TotO on 19:57, 10 May 19
You should go for a Z-MEM if your M4 is already used for the ROM usage.
By the way, you can contact me to get one of them.  ;)
Highly recommend this option. I have a Z-MEM that I use with my m4. It's awesome. 1mb ram and roms and mass storage.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Nitro

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:48, 10 May 19
Highly recommend this option. I have a Z-MEM that I use with my m4. It's awesome. 1mb ram and roms and mass storage.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
I was more like getting the best of my newly acquired X-MASS (thanks TotO btw!) without running into the incompatibility with the M4 Wifi board. I know I can deactivate the Wifi Board by issuing the ùM4ROMOFF RSX command, but it seems overly complex for my children (they are younger than 11 and yet fond of playing on the CPC!). By only having the X-MASS and something with ROMs to enable the support of the X-MASS, I would be all the happier!