News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
T

Searching for Memory

Started by talrek, 14:13, 14 September 14

Previous topic - Next topic

talrek

HI,
excuse my english.
I'm searching a way to add memory to my CPC6128 and CPC6128.
it can be two different hardwares. My goal is to run demos and symbos, so i would like it compatible.

Ideally i would like it internal (if possible)

And finally i don't want to buy iy, but build it because it is fun ! No problem in soldering and unsoldering...

I searched for all infos and i didn't found a way to add 512Ko by myself ;-)

Thanks for your help !

arnoldemu

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

^^^What he said, plus the ROAM board (if you manage to find any)

talrek

Hi,
as i said i would like to buy it because it is more fun. I saw x-men is the state of art, but it more a hobby for me.

Is it just possible to add or change the ram chip in the cpc / cpc+ ?

I prefer internal, i don't like to have a lot of card plug to my extension port :D

TFM

One of my CPCa has internal 4 MB of RAM and 2.5 MB of Flash-ROM. Works well with my favorite OS too.  ;)  You can get information there (and contact too):

CPC4MB RAM upgrade -- 8bit Projects For Everyone

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

Quote from: talrek on 21:40, 15 September 14I prefer internal, i don't like to have a lot of card plug to my extension port :D
You should build an internal 2x25pin expansion connector from the expansion port pin dots. Then, plug the X-MEM inside and get 512K RAM and 512K ROM, w/o needing to use the external expansion port. (keep free for use)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

arnoldemu

Quote from: talrek on 21:40, 15 September 14
as i said i would like to buy it because it is more fun. I saw x-men is the state of art, but it more a hobby for me.
I read that after I posted !

I agree with TFM, look at Yarek's pages:
http://8bit.yarek.pl/upgrade/cpc.cpc4mb/

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

talrek

Thank you for your help !!! it is really great to see such community. Why did i wait soooo long to join you ???:D

Problem is, the file cpc4mb1.zip is no longer available on yarek's site... so i can't take eagle files... does someone has it ? it would be great !!!

I thought it was possible to solder extra rams + capacitor and modify the PAL.

radu14m

welcome talrek  ;)
nice to see you here too !

talrek

Quote from: radu14m on 19:57, 16 September 14
welcome talrek  ;)
nice to see you here too !

Hi ! The world of cpc is very small :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: talrek on 21:58, 16 September 14

Hi ! The world of cpc is very small :)
Small but Perfectly formed  :D

We are a friendly lot really!

Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

Hi Talrek,
       we already know each other from yAronet. How are the "Bryce Clones" getting on? Are you still making batches of hardware?

Bryce.

talrek

Yes i do it, but with very little quantities.
Since the last time, i made 10 digiblasters, 5 mouse adapters, 4 megaflashes and i'm soldering 10 svideos. All "Bryce"'s creations  ;D

I'd like to have more time, but it is just a hobby and there is only 24 hours in a day  :(

radu14m

"Bryce Clones" ;)
I still want an AMX mouse adapter !!! :laugh:

talrek

Quote from: radu14m on 18:02, 17 September 14
"Bryce Clones" ;)
I still want an AMX mouse adapter !!! :laugh:

Yes i noticed  :laugh:
Ok i'm going to order 10 x PCB Tomorrow :)

radu14m

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

Quote from: talrek on 17:58, 17 September 14
Yes i do it, but with very little quantities.
Since the last time, i made 10 digiblasters, 5 mouse adapters, 4 megaflashes and i'm soldering 10 svideos. All "Bryce"'s creations  ;D

I'd like to have more time, but it is just a hobby and there is only 24 hours in a day  :(

Great that you are producing them. I have even less time, so it's great to see my hardware is still being made available (without me having to make them :D ).

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: talrek on 18:41, 17 September 14

Yes i noticed  :laugh:
Ok i'm going to order 10 x PCB Tomorrow :)
If that's a supply of Bryce mouse adaptors, Can I order one too :)
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

talrek

Hi,
Before ordering the pcb, i should ask if anyone wants another, because if there is more than 10.. i will order more PCB.
Waoouhhh my wife and my kids are going to hate me for that....

So let's go ; 2 bryce's mouse adapters.

But to close the memory problem, i think i will buy the mermory card. Then i will solder it inside.
I just don't know in which computer i will solder it (6128 or the +)

TFM

Hi Talrek!

You should create an own thread for the mouse adapters, else 90% of the people will just oversee it.  :)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus