News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
L

Sharing is caring

Started by LambdaMikel, 21:58, 24 January 18

Previous topic - Next topic

LambdaMikel

CPC 464 Mother4X Expansion Port Connector - useful if you only want to plug in one M4X card, without the whole M4 board: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/3yA33GYO

CPC Breadboard Cobbler:
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/tGXq3u2F

Enjoy,

Michael

LambdaMikel

Example pics with cpcconmx4 holding TotO's XMem:

LambdaMikel

PS I am not getting any $$ from this. The price is PCB production cost only, so the only one that gets cash is OshPark  :) You can download the Gerbers for free though and print them somewhere else.

GUNHED

That's a great piece of work and surely more often very usable, especially if the space between CPC an monitor is limited.

Well, I better shouldn't mention that I use two Mother MX-4 cards and that there are seven MX-4 cards sitting on them right now :-D
*Duck und weg*  ;D
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

LambdaMikel

Quote from: GUNHED on 13:28, 25 January 18Well, I better shouldn't mention that I use two Mother MX-4 cards and that there are seven MX-4 cards sitting on them right now :-D

Gosh... 7?? Well, you could plug a couple of cpcconmx4 together ;D  I have 4, but hoping to get 2 more soon :P

Yes, cpcconmx4 is of course only feasible for more simple use cases, i.e., people that are fine with only an XMem and floppy drive or the like. Stability / reliability is good enough, though... DD1 and one card is no problem for example. 

LambdaMikel

... now that I gave the Gerbers away I am wondering how long it will take until I can buy them assembled in some retro stores, ebay, or Amazon marketplace... then I no longer have to solder them by hand  :laugh:

I once had a couple of pictures of my old computers (my retro collection) on my homepage, and found somebody was selling mouse pads on Amazon with my pictures  :o  Without asking me of course. Well, I guess that's called public domain.

00WReX

Hello LambdaMikel,

I just received (Feb 17th) a batch of boards that I had made up with ShenZhen2U.
I sent off the order the same date as you original post (Jan 25th).

I have used them before and they are decent quality, cheap and reasonable turnaround time.

I have no plan on selling these or anything, so you won't see them on ebay (or anywhere else)  ;D
Just thought I'd let you know your sharing has been appreciated, and also some info for others that getting these made up is simple and cheap.

Thanks & Cheers,
Shane

This was a batch of 10 boards...

[attach id=1 msg=156093]
[attach id=2 msg=156093]
[attach id=3 msg=156093]
[attach id=4 msg=156093]
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

LambdaMikel

Hey, cool!  8) The sure look much better than my hand-soldered versions!  ;D

00WReX

Oh yeh...a while back I did a hand wired adapter...never again.
It worked, but a painful exercise and not pretty to look at.

[attach id=1 msg=156099]
[attach id=2 msg=156099]

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

LambdaMikel

I know exactly what you are talking about - my handsoldered version looked much worse BTW.  But such a pain to get it working that way.  BTW I would have no issue if you would sell them to others.  [emoji4]

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

Audronic

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

00WReX

Quote from: LambdaMikelBTW I would have no issue if you would sell them to others. 

Thanks LambdaMikel, but I'm really not bothered about selling any.

OK, here's a quick thought.

In the spirit of sharing/giving, if any Australian CPC Wiki members want one (one per person, first in first served).
Then let me know...first three responses get one (completely free, including postage)...I will keep the others.
This is simply a bare PCB, but if you need it populated with an edge connector and female header, I will do that.

Three options:  In order of how easy it will be for me  :P
(1)Bare PCB.  (2)Kit (PCB with components) not soldered.  (3)PCB with connectors soldered on ready to use.
(I have a few spare connectors from a previous purchase).

*Please, only respond if you have a genuine use for one.  Thanks.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

LambdaMikel

Quote from: 00WReX on 02:18, 18 February 18
In the spirit of sharing/giving, if any Australian CPC Wiki members want one (one per person, first in first served).
Then let me know...first three responses get one (completely free, including postage)...I will keep the others.

Yeah  :D :D :D Way to go!   ;D

Audronic

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

yannis_uno

LambdaMikel

Quote from: LambdaMikel on 18:23, 25 January 18
... now that I gave the Gerbers away I am wondering how long it will take until I can buy them assembled in some retro stores, ebay, or Amazon marketplace... then I no longer have to solder them by hand  :laugh:

Good job - this guy already made more profit from them than I  ;D :laugh:

https://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/cpc-mother-x4-connectors-32490

There is also somebody on Ebay selling them from time to time, for 10 Pounds same price.

And +1 for the "Hand-Made in UK"... 
Just for the record in case somebody needs one (I stopped producing / selling them, not worth my time / effort, and shipping from the US is too expensive - so please buy one from the sources above!)

Seriously, I think it is great that there is someone distributing them in the UK such that folks don't have to pay high shipping postage from the US, so please keep doing that! :)

00WReX

When you are using someone else's work to make money, a little note of recognition would be nice though.
Cheers,Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

LambdaMikel

Quote from: 00WReX on 03:05, 19 October 18
When you are using someone else's work to make money, a little note of recognition would be nice though.
Cheers,Shane
... unless he modified the Gerbers, my email is on the right side anyway.... not visible in the screenshots.
And honestely, most of the work is indeed his, since he has to solder them, so "hand made in the UK" is actually cool too  8)
I am fine with all that, and I wanted and expected it like that.