News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The 6128 Plus is here!

Started by ||C|-|E||, 22:35, 15 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

||C|-|E||

I received it today along with a cartridge with ParaDOS and the CPM Plus discs. It needs a little bit of cleaning, but just a little bit, and it has been barely used at all. However, I still need to make a video cable to connect it to the VGA port of the screen before testing it and I am waiting for the video converter board. So, I still cannot see how it works with my 17" screen :).

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

CraigsBar

Sweet looking machine, My 464++ is as clean as that. My 6128+ machines are not that clean LOL

One is so yellow it looks like a really strong cuppa black tea has been spilled and soaked into it. The other is only a little yellow but quite grubby.

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

00WReX

That is a really, really nice example.

How I wish the plus made it to Australia.
I have a very decent CPC collection...but not a single + in sight.
I should have imported one years ago before the ebay prices got ridiculous.

OK, here's a long shot...If anyone is willing to sell (for a reasonable price) & post a plus machine to Australia please let me know.
I am very interested.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Dizrythmia

Quote from: 00WReX on 23:56, 15 July 15

OK, here's a long shot...If anyone is willing to sell (for a reasonable price) & post a plus machine to Australia please let me know.
I am very interested.

Cheers,
Shane
If two people are willing to post a Plus machine to Australia let me know too :D

Audronic

Quote from: 00WReX on 23:56, 15 July 15

I am very interested.

Cheers,
Shane
I am also interested in a 6128 Plus

Thanks     Ray  (Williamstown Victoria Australia)

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Dizrythmia

Due to the internal similarities between the 2 machines I'd be happy with a 464 Plus & to upgrade it to become 6128 Plus equivalent.

pelrun

Make that four XD

mr_lou

Doesn't anyone on eBay want to ship to Australia?

Dizrythmia

After asking around I've found someone who will, but I've got to win the auction first :)

EDIT: A few will do it, but it's going to cost around $100 for just the keyboard!! Personally I would prefer a set, but this would cost a lot more... When I imported my Sharp SF-1 (TV with built in Super Famicom) that cost just shy of $200. That was a 21" TV, which I assume would cost the same as the smaller monitor with keyboard.

||C|-|E||

Hum... I wonder, guys, how much does it cost to buy a Plus there if you need to pay for the machine and the international delivery? I mean, if you go to a normal e-bay auction just now. I know that in Europe some of these machines are actually sold at 200 pounds or 285 euros if they are mint, sometimes mores. If sending them to Australia is around 60 euros, this would mean the total price would be around 345 euros, 510 australian dollars or 240 pounds. Seems quite a lot of money  :( .

mr_lou

You only live once.
Life is short.
What else would you spend it on?
Live while you can.
;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: [[C|-|E]] on 08:59, 16 July 15
Hum... I wonder, guys, how much does it cost to buy a Plus there if you need to pay for the machine and the international delivery? I mean, if you go to a normal e-bay auction just now. I know that in Europe some of these machines are actually sold at 200 pounds or 285 euros if they are mint, sometimes mores. If sending them to Australia is around 60 euros, this would mean the total price would be around 345 euros, 510 australian dollars or 240 pounds. Seems quite a lot of money  :( .
I am currently looking at another 464plus here in Ireland. If I decide to buy it, and @Bryce is happy to work his magic once more. Then my spare 6128 plus could be sold. It needs retrobriting but works perfectly.

||C|-|E||

Actually a 464 Plus upgraded to a 6128 Plus is a very cool machine because it already has the tape reader included  :) . Now that you mentioned the Retr0brite thing I remembered that I need to treat this one with Armor All, just in case it tends to turn yellow over the time.

CraigsBar

Don't bother with the armour all. It will still go yellow, but then you won't be able to treat it again.

CraigsBar

Quote from: [[C|-|E]] on 11:35, 16 July 15
Actually a 464 Plus upgraded to a 6128 Plus is a very cool machine because it already has the tape reader included  :) . Now that you mentioned the Retr0brite thing I remembered that I need to treat this one with Armor All, just in case it tends to turn yellow over the time.
Well yes. But no 3 inch drive. So playing original games is difficult.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 11:10, 16 July 15
I am currently looking at another 464plus here in Ireland. If I decide to buy it, and @Bryce is happy to work his magic once more. Then my spare 6128 plus could be sold. It needs retrobriting but works perfectly.
OK assuming I get the 464 plus. I'll sell you my spare 6128plus (no screen sorry) for €140 plus postage to Australia. Let me know if you are interested.

Bryce

I can "do my magic" if you get it. A 3in disk can also easily be connected externally to an upgraded 464+ if you have an FD-1.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 12:18, 16 July 15
I can "do my magic" if you get it. A 3in disk can also easily be connected externally to an upgraded 464+ if you have an FD-1.

Bryce.
Perfect. It'll be a 464 plus, and mods I'll be looking for will be....
- 128kb
- Disc Interface
Internal hxc with display in the top on the case if possible (buttons on the side) SD slot wherever it fits.
- B drive connection
- Abba switch.

Craig

Bryce

Sounds like a decent setup :)

Bryce.

mr_lou

Quote from: CraigsBar on 13:50, 16 July 15
Perfect. It'll be a 464 plus, and mods I'll be looking for will be....
- 128kb
- Disc Interface
Internal hxc with display in the top on the case if possible (buttons on the side) SD slot wherever it fits.
- B drive connection
- Abba switch.

I have one of those models. Isn't it the Bryce+?  :)

CraigsBar

Lol. Indeed.

This will, if I get it, be my 2nd. The first does not have the internal hxc but both drives brought out to the rear port. Handy for drive swapping between disc formats.

This "new" one will have an internal hxc and just the b drive at the rear port. But an Abba for good measure.

Bryce

Mr lous version doesn't have the LCD screen installed and the "extreme discrete" placement of SD card and buttons. For yours Craig, I'll probably do it slightly differently.

Bryce.

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 15:41, 16 July 15
Mr lous version doesn't have the LCD screen installed and the "extreme discrete" placement of SD card and buttons. For yours Craig, I'll probably do it slightly differently.

Yes, mine is the "discrete" version.  :)
Very happy with it. It's the best money I've ever spent.  :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 15:41, 16 July 15

Bryce.
I have no problem with visible buttons. Both of my main plus machines have a red reset button on the side between the keyboard and the right hand edge of the cart slot. So up down and select push buttons on the other side panel and the LCD in the top would not look out if place. I have already soldered the pin header onto my hxc as I was going to do the mod myself, but I don't trust my dremel skills. I don't want it to end up looking like a pigs breakfast.

||C|-|E||

Yours even has a PC card on top...  ;D

BTW, the case for the cartridge is very nice. Is it a custom modification or a 3D printed one? :)