News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The corner of my office

Started by CraigsBar, 01:45, 19 July 14

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Hi guys 'n' gals.

Just a quick phone pic of the Cpc corner of my office.

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

beaker

I don't know, I find the lack of Seaman disturbing  :o

Spoiler: ShowHide
[attach=2]

CraigsBar

Did you spot the stealth Xbox and limited launch day package of sonic adventure 2

beaker

I missed Sonic 2 but I did notice your monitor stand  :laugh:

radu14m

A lot of CPC stuff Craig !
what"s this case used for monitor stand ? ;) 

CraigsBar

Quote from: radu14m on 07:02, 16 August 14
A lot of CPC stuff Craig !
what"s this case used for monitor stand ? ;)

Well it's a (Xenium) Chipped Xbox in an aftermarket Crystal clear case. It has Cold Cathode green lighting and a 500gb Hard drive with a few hundred games installed.. Oh and ArnoldX of course. I was tempted at one point to make a SCART -> CPC Monitor adaptor so I could also use that on the CM14, but then changed my mind ;) I still might one day but not yet. I have 5 other spare chipped xboxes up on the shelf. Halo 2 LAN Party anyone?

Or if you mean the other one, then it's a empty 3 drawer cassette storage thing with all the drawers removed and used to provide a convenient storage spot for the Symbiface and cabling.

Craig

MacDeath

Nice pair of 8bit archimedes... ;D

radu14m

Craig, i asked about the Xbox :)

The  3 drawer cassette storage looks also nice, i have also something in mind, tp hide all the CPC extension ( you know something like the bodegabay for Amiga 500 )

Munchausen

Quote from: MacDeath on 02:00, 17 August 14
Nice pair of 8bit archimedes... ;D

That's neither 8 bit nor an archimedes... it's a 32-bit A3010! Last archimedes was the 540 I think...

MacDeath

Was just compairing the design of the 6128PLUS casing to those late Archimedes ones... quite some similarities in design...

Munchausen

Quote from: MacDeath on 19:51, 18 August 14
Was just compairing the design of the 6128PLUS casing to those late Archimedes ones... quite some similarities in design...

Ah ok, I misunderstood  :'( :o ???

MacDeath

Of course I know there is few in common between a lame 32bit risk architecture and the humble awesomness of a Z80 +ASIC badassness of the PLUS...  ;D

Anyway, aren't those A3010 considered "Archimedes" the way thse PLUS are considered CPCs ? Not officially branded as such but still nicknamed affectuously as such...

Gryzor