News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Unusual (modded) 464

Started by ComSoft6128, 09:10, 25 September 18

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

dionisisg

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 09:10, 25 September 18
Some nice pics........

https://www.maths.tcd.ie/~iedowse/projects.html

Nice mods but i wouldn't do these on my main unit, too dirty for me , i would prefer prefabricated devices even if they are external just to have my piece of mind.

MikeSDK

It's undoubtedly very clever and functionally very similar to what Zaxon's done with the Just CPC 2 clone board, but omg it's messy inside.

Bryce

Free-wired circuitry. Totally unreliable, but it works as long as the frequencies don't go too high. My very early (when I was 8 years old) PCBs looked pretty similar.

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

That's Ian Dowse, older brother of Malcolm Dowse aka Malfunction Of The Firm, he was a name on the Irish PD scene during the 90s.

For perspective's sake, that website is from the mid 90s, around 1994, so the mods were probably done long before then too.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

Α wonder it works with all that spaghetti in there so kudos to him. The drive installation on the 464 alone is marvellous.