News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Using SymbOS with the GFX9000 (MSX grapics card)

Started by Edoz(MSX), 14:27, 27 March 17

Previous topic - Next topic

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

villain

Patrick

Gryzor

Patrick

Munchausen

I ordered a board!

But is it me, or is the frame rate for call on me lower than normal on a CPC with symbos?

Prodatron

16 colour bitmaps require the double amount of data compared to a 4 colour bitmap of the same size.
The blitter inside the V9990 is doing a lot of things to speed up the graphic output. But it can't help so much when just pumping bitmap data from CPU memory to the screen. A video with the same resolution will have about half the framerate in 16 colours compared to 4 colours.
So video output is not the best example for demonstrating the power of the GFX9000 (=CPC Powergraph).

I am planning to record another video of SymbOS CPC with the V9990 driver soon, which is mainly for demonstrating some benchmarks and features.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Munchausen

How big are the videos? Is it possible to buffer the whole thing into video RAM at file load time if they fit ? I guess this will require a graphics hardware specific player...

Munchausen

Also, I wonder if overclocking becomes more feasible when using the v9990. You're no longer going to be using floppy drive, crtc etc so it won't matter that they don't behave as expected.

LambdaMikel

Does anybody know about the status of the orders from http://www.tecnobytes.com.br/ ?
I remember in JUly or August or so I had put my name on the list of > 20 buyers required or
so, and I had also paid 140 $ or so.

Did people get their graphics cards? I tried to contact the person behind this but never got
any reply. CAn somebody shoot me a PM please on how to contact the person behind this?
I am not sure I even traced it back to the right Paypal / Credit Card transaction. It was such
a long time ago, that I have forgotten about the details. 

LambdaMikel

PS The name i got from my credit card transaction was Ricardo O.....em .... does that sound right?
Price paid was 131.75 $. Did anybody hear back after having paid the money, or are the cards still
in production? I tried a couple of times to contact him via his website, never got any reply. So I am
a bit concerned that my $ went out of the window....

Trebmint

Atleast two people I know that ordered have had the card arrive last week, so I don't think you need to worry.

LambdaMikel

Quote from: Trebmint on 19:01, 21 November 17
Atleast two people I know that ordered have had the card arrive last week, so I don't think you need to worry.

That sound good... I am just concerned that I never got any reply to any of my emails from him...

Munchausen

I also didn't receive anything yet but I'm probably at the end of the list!

LambdaMikel

Quote from: Munchausen on 19:20, 21 November 17I also didn't receive anything yet but I'm probably at the end of the list!

But did you get an order confirmation or something like that?
I didn't - for sure he got the money though.

Munchausen

No I got nothing, I just filled out the form on the website and checked out with PayPal. So.. fingers crossed.

msmthng

I got answers on questions, also information that first cards allready sent out. I am looking forward to get one.

LambdaMikel

To those that already got their cards - when did you order? My order was middle of August.

LambdaMikel

Quote from: msmthng on 22:00, 21 November 17I got answers on questions, also information that first cards allready sent out. I am looking forward to get one.

Do you mind sharing his email address with me? PM? That would be awesome. His website contact form is a black hole to me.

hsimpson

My order was middle of August, too. I'm still waiting for the card.

pelrun

At this point there's literally no benefit in talking about who has cards and who hasn't. *Especially* in comparison to when the *pre-orders* happened. Hardware production is a nasty business, and takes time to do right. And international shipping makes everything worse. It looks like they've *only just* started shipping cards, so be patient.

LambdaMikel

Quote from: pelrun on 06:52, 22 November 17At this point there's literally no benefit in talking about who has cards and who hasn't. *Especially* in comparison to when the *pre-orders* happened. Hardware production is a nasty business, and takes time to do right. And international shipping makes everything worse. It looks like they've *only just* started shipping cards, so be patient.

Just to clarify - the point was not so much to talk about who got and who hasn't gotten a card yet, but more trying to establish some communication channel with the person in charge. My main concern was that I was unable to establish communication. I got the email address of the person in charge by now and will try over this channel, thanks btw!

Munchausen

Poliander

Quote from: hsimpson on 23:31, 21 November 17
My order was middle of August, too. I'm still waiting for the card.

I'm waiting for more than 2 years for a Albireo. Easy peasy
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

LambdaMikel

I got an email from Tecnobytes today and everything is fine.
The next batch of cards will be ready in a couple of weeks.