News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Using SymbOS with the GFX9000 (MSX grapics card)

Started by Edoz(MSX), 14:27, 27 March 17

Previous topic - Next topic

msmthng

I will try one additional thing today, maybe there is to less power for the V9990 on the MotherX4 (i will add power supply to the Board)

Edoz(MSX)

Okay good! I use a power supply as well for the MotherX4.  Did you try to change the monitor to RGB in the menu of the monitor of the BenQ?
I have to say that it is not easy to get a monitor that supports it. (Old=Better) It tooks me also some time.

msmthng

Quote from: Poliander on 08:09, 29 November 17
It could be possible to use an OSSC for both RGB and VGA and output from the CPC and give VGA the higher priority. So only a single DVI/HDMI monitor is required for both outputs. But someone will have to test.

Iam using this setup now. It is working for me.

Poliander

Quote from: msmthng on 09:50, 03 April 18
Iam using this setup now. It is working for me.

Very nice! I've read that this should be possible in the OSSC forums (but not for CPC of course, there was a similar use case for another platform I don't remember)
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

GUNHED

Is there any kind of demo program for the GFX card available to be able to check its function?

http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

keith56

Are there any CPC emulator developers planning V9990 emulation?

I'm considering a port of ChibiAkumas V9990 from the MSX2 to the CPC (CPC ver is one of my patreon 'goals'), but with no emulators to test on it would a real pain to do.

I'd be willing to make a 100 euro donation to any emulator author who got V9990 emulation working - it would save me that much in personal suffering compared to testing on real hardware!!!

Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

arnoldemu

is the robot demo for the cpc powergraph available to download?

EDIT: I found the dsk on the previous page. Thanks @Edoz(MSX)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

arnoldemu

Is the powergraph interrupt connected to cpc interrupts?
EDIT: Is the powergraph reset connected to cpc reset and is it reset at power on?
My games. My Games

radu14m

is there any game available for the card ?

number-one

Msmthng I have also a m4 board and OSSC

do you run robo file without these lines before ?

RUN "Clear"

RUN "A1"
RUN "A2"
RUN "A3"

RUN "B1"
RUN "B2"
RUN "B3"

RUN "C1"
RUN "C2"
RUN "C3"

RUN "ROBO"

I have a color problem with the image (pink)
see attachment

Edoz(MSX)

I have the same. You have to set your monitor to RGB in the monitor menu.

number-one

I have an Open Source Scan Converter like msmthng with hdmi output on Philips BDM3470UP Monitor

I set sRGB Color on my monitor and the image is again pink.

HAL6128

This behavior also happens if the VRAM of the the card is not cleared before loading Sprite, background and Color table. Normallly the ,,clear.bas" should do this. Could you download the file robo file again?
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

number-one

HAL 6128, where is the link to download the right file ?

arnoldemu

I have been working on powergraph emulation. It is in early stages.
I don't have a powergraph so I have been working from the manual.

Does anyone here have a CPC with powergraph that would run some tests on it and give me back a dsk with the results on?

Thank you.

My games. My Games

HAL6128

Quote from: number-one on 17:41, 23 August 18
HAL 6128, where is the link to download the right file ?
Upps, sorry missed the answer. There should be a link in the beginning of the thread. That's what I have.

@arnoldemu: I have a powergraph and can do some test.

Trebmint

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:47, 24 September 18

Does anyone here have a CPC with powergraph that would run some tests on it and give me back a dsk with the results on?

Thank you.
This is great news... I'm all for vdp9990 development within symbos

GUNHED

In principle yes, but I couldn't find a monitor working with it up to now. So probably I need a monitor first.
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

keith56

Quote from: GUNHED on 13:06, 25 September 18

In principle yes, but I couldn't find a monitor working with it up to now. So probably I need a monitor first.

I use one of these boxes with my MSX V9990 - it converts the signal of the V9k, and then I can use my standard non compatible monitor... you just plug the v9k into the front vga port, and the back vga port into any old monitor and it works fine

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Andoer%C2%AEHigh-Portable-Genuine-GBS8200-Converter-Green/dp/B00W3460UU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1537880270&sr=8-3&keywords=vga+cga

unfortunately I do not have the CPC version, so cannot do the testing.

I'm hoping ArnoldEmu is able to finish his emulator, as I want to cover the CPC V9K in my programming tutorials, and support it with the MSX one in future games.

HAL6128

@GUNHED : I bought an LG Flatron M1921A from "Ebay Kleinanzeigen" in Germany for about 10 €. It works fine with the powergraph. Just plug it via VGA cable.

keith56

I'm bumping this thread in the hope someone tests ArnoldEmu's code!... if no one tests the code there will be no emulation of the CPC-V9k... and no-one will write any games for it - so could someone who own's the hardware please try it for Arnoldemu?

GUNHED

Why don't you test it?  :)

As told... I can test it. But I need it first to test.  ;)  Attach an DSK and I will run any test.  :)
Furthermore I can not see anything on VDP screen (which probably doesn't matter).

keith56

Quote from: GUNHED on 13:20, 27 September 18
Why don't you test it?  :)

As told... I can test it. But I need it first to test.  ;)  Attach an DSK and I will run any test.  :)
Furthermore I can not see anything on VDP screen (which probably doesn't matter).

I don't have the CPC-V9k, I only have the MSX one... recently, I was hoping to buy the AmsDAP converter, but it seems it's not for sale... I'm sorry, but I wasn't willing to spend $100 on the CPC-V9K and then spend more of my time developing for it... once it's emulated - maybe I'll do some development, but I do not enjoy fixing bugs on real hardware - it's stressful and I don't want to do it.

I understand you can't test it because you don't have the monitor, but don't a couple of dozen people have the card? with no amstrad games to play on it - I'd have expected them to jump at the chance to help finish the emulator, and make life easier for developers of CPC-V9K games

villain

HAL 6128 mentioned a few days ago that he could do the tests...

HAL6128

Sure I can do this. Also Keith can do this with his MSX Version if he using an AMSDAP board which translates the addressing (OUT #FF60 > #60). The AMSDAP works with different MSX hardware expansions unless no memory mapping is necessary. The powergraph only needs INs and OUTs to work. But Programming itself an good programmer and lot of Time is needed.