News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
L

Best / easiest way to convert 5 V into 12 V?

Started by LambdaMikel, 15:03, 14 October 19

Previous topic - Next topic

LambdaMikel

The solutions I found on the web are kind of involved.
Anybody has something simple? The simplest solution might be to add a socket for 12 V from the CPC monitor... but how about 464 users then.

Rather than doing it myself, I might just add this thing to the PCB:

https://www.diymore.cc/products/dc-3-3v-3-7v-5v-6v-to-12v-step-up-power-supply-boost-voltage-regulator-converter
Is that a good idea?

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

kribjo

I bought a couple of Bryce's 5VCPC, which I'm really happy with. One in the back of my floppydrive on my 6128, and one placed underneath floppydrive on my 664. I only need to connect 5V power to my 664 and 6128. Dunno if they still are produced.

Bjørn

gerald

TotO

Désolé ! ;D
->[]
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

LambdaMikel

Quote from: TotO on 19:38, 14 October 19
Désolé ! ;D
->[]

((lambda ()))  -> nil

else:

((lambda (x) (funcall x x))  (lambda (x) (funcall x x)))

:D 

To decode that - I wasn't aware of the Bryce converter and that it had sparked *considerable* discussion in the past, and it was not my intention to reopen that thread / discussion - so, let's terminate this discussion with the empty list rather than a stack overflow.

Bryce

Hi,
     I probably still have a 5VCPC somewhere, but they are designed to only supply 250mA with 500mA peak and the physical shape is optimised to fit onto the back of a floppy. The device you've linked to looks ok, but it's seriously lacking capacitance, so it will be dumping a load of high frequency noise into your circuit. If the circuit has anything to do with sound (as I suspect), then you'll notice it a lot. It uses a very small output capacitor which would suggest that it's switching at a very high frequency (MHz), probably with lots of harmonics (not the musical type :D ). If you do use this part, you'll need to add a decent low-pass filter.

@TotO: Pas de soucis, tes fesses sont en sécurité ;)

Bryce.

LambdaMikel

TotO

Quote from: Bryce on 08:43, 15 October 19@TotO: Pas de soucis, tes fesses sont en sécurité ;)
Oui, elles sont toujours du coté de la loi sur la protection des données personelles. ;)

LambdaMikel

Ist Französisch hier jetzt so ne Art GEHEIMSPRACHE?
Dann kann ich ja auch einfach Deutsch schreiben, oder?
Und mittels Google Translate kriegt man das nicht übersetzt?
Na dass ist ja pfiffig  8) :P :laugh:

TotO

French is the official european language before and after brexit, so better to practice it!  ;D