News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Will this plug work in a CPC 464

Started by Dombalurina, 22:53, 23 July 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Dombalurina

I'm reassembling the retro room and I notice the mp1 that I'm using is looking a bit old. Given the exploding gx4000 PSUs,I decided to replace it.

Before I plug this in, can someone confirm that Arnold won't go up in flames if I do: https://uk.rs-online.com/mobile/p/plug-in-power-supply/1217173/

I'm sure this is right, but there's a little voice in the back of my head that won't shut up so I feel the need to triple check.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Shaun M. Neary

Should be OK as the 464 doesn't need anything more than 5v. I'm running a 6128+ and a hxc on a similar PSU. It's the CPC disk machines you need 12v for due to the disk drive in em, mercifully they dropped back to 5v for the later models.

So 5v should be just fine for your 464.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Dombalurina

Awesome, thanks! Time for a few games of Dizzy!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Shaun M. Neary

Gone through all the Dizzies again almost. Up to Spellbound but I'm not sure I've enough time to do it all in one run!  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?