News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Yaaay 664!

Started by dodogildo, 14:20, 19 November 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dodogildo

I know it's meaningless and stupid to post this, but I can't help myself: DHL just delivered my first 664 ever, 10 mins ago and I  am crazy excited!
Don't know what else to do right now as it's the middle of the workday  :)  and miles away from home!

Here's new member of my family:

M'enfin!

||C|-|E||

It is a very cool computer and the only one missing in my collection!  :picard: I wish I had one as well but they have been crazily expensive during the last years. Enjoy it!!!  :D

Gryzor

hey man, not meaningless or stupid by any stretch :) Enjoy!!!

Bryce

Quote from: dodogildo on 14:20, 19 November 15
Don't know what else to do right now as it's the middle of the workday  :)  and miles away from home!

Source a new keyboard membrane for it perhaps? They're usually broken. Congrats anyway. I have a 664 that gets regular use, but unfortunately it's not the blue-key version.

Bryce.

Kris

Congrats ! I own 2 of these 664 (UK & FR version - Only different label & CRTC 2 for the FR one) and it is always great pleasure to use them (even if I had some membrane issue with one).

MacDeath

That's huge... no wonder they went the CPC6128 way... too bad as its design was so cool.

A few downers anyway.

>> Joyport and audio port on the back... really better on the side.
>> direction arrow : with the hugeness of the keyboard they could have been between the textkeys and the numpad I guess.
>> looks like being 10cm in height.

I really think we should get some alternative 6128 keys done/built/injected in Cyan, for both CPC6128 and PLUS.

remax

Quote from: MacDeath on 15:37, 19 November 15
That's huge... no wonder they went the CPC6128 way... too bad as its design was so cool.

Being a big user of arrows for playing games, i'm glad they didn't do it for the 6128 as i hardly imagine big arrows like that being as useable as standard arrows, albeit looking cool.
Brain Radioactivity

TFM

Thanks for posting! Blue keys are pure awesomeness!  8)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dcdrac

very solid looking computer got two myself, one French one UK

dodogildo

Thank you all :)
It's my lucky day. I just got home and tested the beauty: all the keys are working as they should be  ;)
Seems I won't need to hunt for a membrane any time soon   :D
M'enfin!

VincentGR

Niiice!!!  ;D

CPC_Fan

That looks in good condition dodogildo - nice one. I would love one myself, but unfortunately due to the high prices in recent times as has already been said, that won't be happening any time soon  :(

Zoe Robinson

The 664 is a lovely-looking computer. Congratulations on adding a fully working one to your collection. :)

Bryce

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 23:57, 19 November 15
That looks in good condition dodogildo - nice one. I would love one myself, but unfortunately due to the high prices in recent times as has already been said, that won't be happening any time soon  :(

There've actually been a couple of relatively "cheap" (for 664 standards) going on ebay recently. I've seen one go for €94 and another for €102, both were filthy and needed belts / membranes, but that's as good as it gets.

Bryce.

seanb

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 14:26, 19 November 15
It is a very cool computer and the only one missing in my collection!  :picard: I wish I had one as well but they have been crazily expensive during the last years. Enjoy it!!!  :D

Yep. That's the same for me too.
Congrats on your 664
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!