News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

z80 ide generic interface.

Started by dragon, 15:52, 05 April 16

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

I found this as pure chance.

I read that some pic floppy controllers to  usb->pc are made for the people for the heath h8 and mits/perfect computers. So i search about it in google.(not lucky for now).

but in the way i  found this generic ide interface ide to the z80, that is connected to the z80 socket.

Can work with the cpc.¿?

KC-Club.GIDE-Interface

gerald

A quick look at the schematic show that it use the 'official' Z80 IO : only the LSB of the address is decoded.
This will clash with Amstrad way of using IO.

TFM

Quote from: dragon on 15:52, 05 April 16
I found this as pure chance.

I read that some pic floppy controllers to  usb->pc are made for the people for the heath h8 and mits/perfect computers. So i search about it in google.(not lucky for now).

but in the way i  found this generic ide interface ide to the z80, that is connected to the z80 socket.

Can work with the cpc.¿?

KC-Club.GIDE-Interface

The GIDE from Tilman Reh was used for the CPC-IDE. The main change was to move from 8 bit I/O to 16 bit I/O, as the CPC needs that. The CPC-IDE was later expanded with a PS/2 mouse interface, RAM and ROM and an RTC to become the SYMBiFACE II. [nb]There was no SF1 before. Also originally the SF2 was supposed to be called CPC-IDE II, but it happened different. Long story.[/nb]
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus