Author Topic: Arkos Tracker 2 - Released!  (Read 4375 times)

Offline cpcitor

• The user previously known as FindYWay
  • CPC6128
  • My heart still runs on traditional CPC.
    • My code for the CPC.
  • Liked: 110
Re: Arkos Tracker 2 - Released!
« Reply #110 on: 10:09, 13 February 18 »
Good summary, yes.

Thanks for taking care of providing a test app.  :)
Had a CPC since 1985, currently software dev professional, including embedded systems.

I made the first CPC cross-dev environment that auto-installs C compiler and tools: cpc-dev-tool-chain: a portable toolchain for C/ASM development targetting CPC.

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 459
« Reply #111 on: 11:07, 13 February 18 »
The guys from JUCE told me that I could embed KDialog to AT2. However, I'm a bit afraid to do that. I think it is better if I:
- Correct the color scheme of the JUCE file picker.
- Tell in the "troubleshooting" section of the AT2 website about Zenity or KDialog if the users want the native dialog (or if like @mahlemiut , the file picker freezes).

What do you think? I'm really not fond of including dependencies like that, I'm pretty sure this will bring more problems that it will solve.

Offline reidrac

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Trying to gamedev!
    • index.php?action=treasury
    • usebox.net
  • Liked: 822
« Reply #112 on: 20:28, 13 February 18 »
The guys from JUCE told me that I could embed KDialog to AT2. However, I'm a bit afraid to do that. I think it is better if I:
- Correct the color scheme of the JUCE file picker.
- Tell in the "troubleshooting" section of the AT2 website about Zenity or KDialog if the users want the native dialog (or if like @mahlemiut , the file picker freezes).

What do you think? I'm really not fond of including dependencies like that, I'm pretty sure this will bring more problems that it will solve.

Relaying on an external app to do dialogs sounds...

Not sure, but documenting dependencies is probably best. Linux users should know how to install them, so I'd say: keep it simple.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail and Magica for the CPC.