Author Topic: Arkos Tracker 2 - Released!  (Read 6361 times)

Offline cpcitor

• The user previously known as FindYWay
  • CPC6128
  • My heart still runs on traditional CPC.
    • My code for the CPC.
  • Liked: 111
Re: Arkos Tracker 2 - Released!
« Reply #110 on: 10:09, 13 February 18 »
Good summary, yes.

Thanks for taking care of providing a test app.  :)
Had a CPC since 1985, currently software dev professional, including embedded systems.

I made the first CPC cross-dev environment that auto-installs C compiler and tools: cpc-dev-tool-chain: a portable toolchain for C/ASM development targetting CPC.

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 534
« Reply #111 on: 11:07, 13 February 18 »
The guys from JUCE told me that I could embed KDialog to AT2. However, I'm a bit afraid to do that. I think it is better if I:
- Correct the color scheme of the JUCE file picker.
- Tell in the "troubleshooting" section of the AT2 website about Zenity or KDialog if the users want the native dialog (or if like @mahlemiut , the file picker freezes).

What do you think? I'm really not fond of including dependencies like that, I'm pretty sure this will bring more problems that it will solve.

Offline reidrac

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Trying to gamedev!
    • index.php?action=treasury
    • usebox.net
  • Liked: 915
« Reply #112 on: 20:28, 13 February 18 »
The guys from JUCE told me that I could embed KDialog to AT2. However, I'm a bit afraid to do that. I think it is better if I:
- Tell in the "troubleshooting" section of the AT2 website about Zenity or KDialog if the users want the native dialog (or if like @mahlemiut , the file picker freezes).

What do you think? I'm really not fond of including dependencies like that, I'm pretty sure this will bring more problems that it will solve.

Relaying on an external app to do dialogs sounds...

Not sure, but documenting dependencies is probably best. Linux users should know how to install them, so I'd say: keep it simple.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail and Magica for the CPC.

Offline cpcitor

• The user previously known as FindYWay
  • CPC6128
  • My heart still runs on traditional CPC.
    • My code for the CPC.
  • Liked: 111
« Reply #113 on: 12:03, 21 February 18 »

You're probably pretty right. Embedding kdialog reliably may imply a lot of more-or-less-heavy lifting. What you suggests means : (1) making sure things are readable anyway (2) offering a user-selectable alternative. And I'm fine with that!
Had a CPC since 1985, currently software dev professional, including embedded systems.

I made the first CPC cross-dev environment that auto-installs C compiler and tools: cpc-dev-tool-chain: a portable toolchain for C/ASM development targetting CPC.

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
« Reply #114 on: 01:25, 28 February 18 »
Breaking news! Arkos Tracker 2 V2.0.0 a2 has been released! Go the website to download (and hopefully enjoy) it!

A few features:

• Added the Generic player, with sound effects.
  • Added a stand-alone sound effects player.
  • Added a NOP-accurate AKY player (for Amstrad CPC).
  • And many bug and crash fixes.

Thanks to everyone who tested it and helped improved Arkos Tracker.

Offline Sice

• CPC464
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #115 on: 20:19, 08 April 18 »
Hey Targhan,

Thanks for the new version, it's great :-). I've been having some fun writing some new patterns.

I posted a few comments in the specific forum. I wanted to ask, because of the way I write songs (short bursts of inspiration) I often create 1 or two tracks at a time when building my song. Would it be possible to have the ability to save a track to disk, so that I could give it a long descriptive name e.g. 'Main melody - hard bass and drums'? I can imagine this might be a little tricky to implement, especially if you try and load this track into another song that doesn't have the same instruments. Maybe on import it could have a popup box where you choose what instruments in your song to map to the imported pattern?

After working on a song for some time I tried importing a previously saved drum sample from a .MOD file, but when I try and import it into an existing FM instrument nothing happens. It seems you can do this the other way around though..try importing a MOD file, then load a previously saved FM instrument to replace one of the samples - this seems to work.

Thanks again for an awesome tool!

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
« Reply #116 on: 10:43, 09 April 18 »
Importing a track... Tricky indeed. I'll think about it!

As for your import problem, I'll check this this evening. Thanks for the report!

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
« Reply #117 on: 16:22, 11 May 18 »
A new version (a3) has just been released!

A lot was done in this released, including:

- Adapted all the players to MSX, Spectrum.
- Added a MOD player (CPC-only, limited effects).
- Created a specific Lightweight player for the SHARP MZ 700, as well as the sound effect player.
- Added a AKY player that uses the 6-channel of the TurboSound extension for Spectrum.
- Added a AKY player that uses the 9-channel of the Spectrum Next.
- RAW and AKG export (via UI and command line) now integrate sample export.
- Added new parameters in all the command line tools to set the source profiles (change mnemonics, etc.).
- In the PSGs, the mixing type can be set (ABC, ACB, BCA etc.).
- In the Output Panel of the Setup, and the WAV Exporter, the volume of each channel (left/center/right) can be defined.
- In the Source Profiles, added the possibility to encode "one mnemonic type per line" (especially useful for 68000 assemblers). Also available for all the command line tools.
- Added a basic DC offset removal on WAV export.

Plus a lot of smaller additions and bug fixes. Download it here!
« Last Edit: 16:28, 11 May 18 by Targhan »

Offline reidrac

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Trying to gamedev!
    • index.php?action=treasury
    • usebox.net
  • Liked: 915
« Reply #118 on: 09:58, 12 May 18 »
A new version (a3) has just been released!

A lot was done in this released, including:

- Adapted all the players to MSX, Spectrum.
- Added a MOD player (CPC-only, limited effects).
- Created a specific Lightweight player for the SHARP MZ 700, as well as the sound effect player.
- Added a AKY player that uses the 6-channel of the TurboSound extension for Spectrum.
- Added a AKY player that uses the 9-channel of the Spectrum Next.
- RAW and AKG export (via UI and command line) now integrate sample export.
- Added new parameters in all the command line tools to set the source profiles (change mnemonics, etc.).
- In the PSGs, the mixing type can be set (ABC, ACB, BCA etc.).
- In the Output Panel of the Setup, and the WAV Exporter, the volume of each channel (left/center/right) can be defined.
- In the Source Profiles, added the possibility to encode "one mnemonic type per line" (especially useful for 68000 assemblers). Also available for all the command line tools.
- Added a basic DC offset removal on WAV export.

Plus a lot of smaller additions and bug fixes. Download it here!

I need to look at this but, any relevant changes on the lightweight player?
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail and Magica for the CPC.

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
« Reply #119 on: 12:07, 12 May 18 »
Unless I'm wrong, a few lines were changed to correct an access to the PSG. A trick is used (courtesy of Madram) to accelerate the access to the PSG, and the ordering of the OUT was slightly wrong. It works but on a real CPC, the cassette relay was turned on whenever the music started. Check your production on a real CPC, if you don't hear a "click" from the cassette relay, then you already have the right version! But it's very easy to correct, don't worry.