Author Topic: Arkos Tracker 2 - Released!  (Read 9266 times)

Offline Arnaud

• Supporter
  • 464 Plus
  • Liked: 278
Re: Arkos Tracker 2 - Released!
« Reply #150 on: 10:31, 07 October 18 »
Hello,
i have a problem when switching of song, randomly the function PLY_LW_Play doesn't return (infinity loop).

Here my situation (the music is played on interrupt) :
  • Init the intro song and play it :
Code: [Select]
PLY_LW_Init(&IntroSong, 0);
  • Now starting the game, stop the current song and replace it with the game song :
Code: [Select]
    PLY_LW_Stop();
    PLY_LW_Init(&Empty_SongStart, 0);   
    PLY_LW_Init(&GameSong, 0);

Is the right way to switch of song ? Is the PLY_LW_Play function shall be stopped while switching of song or something else shall be done to synchronize the song start ?
Thanks, Arnaud
« Last Edit: 10:54, 07 October 18 by Arnaud »

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 658
« Reply #151 on: 11:47, 07 October 18 »
First of all, if you can, you should use one song and multiple Subsongs, so that you can share their instruments/arpeggio/pitchs and thus save memories (and no, there is no merge yet...).

But if you use multiple songs:
- the stop method only cuts the PSG channels, but if you switch directly from one song to another, you don't need to call it.
- simply call the init method with the address of the next song, and play it normally.

So there is no need to stop/init with empty song/init second song like you're doing. Simply call the init second song.
If there is an infinite loop, please send me your song and I'll check what is happening.

Offline vtk

• CPC464
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #152 on: 20:10, 11 October 18 »
hi Targhan,
I seem to be having trouble finding how to change the master clock in arkos tracker 2, i was hoping to change it to 1.5Mhz (for vectrex music)

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
« Reply #153 on: 14:58, 12 October 18 »
What is the problem exactly? Go to Edit > Song Properties > Click the "edit" button near the PSG at the bottom and set the clock to 1500000 at the top left (use "custom") (just noticed a misnamed label here...).

Does an error occur during one of these steps?

Offline vtk

• CPC464
« Reply #154 on: 23:27, 12 October 18 »
hey Targhan sorry about that, i see it now i missed it before   ???

one thing i have noticed is, if i use my mouse scroll wheel mouse (laptop touchpad) scroll to try to scroll up and down in the pattern window, it doesnt work,  do you use mouse scrolling there yourself and it works ok for you?   (my mouse scrolling works ok in the original arkos tracker pattern window)

also i was wondering if it might be useful to allow for pressing keys to hear an instrument when you are over on the lower left in the list of instruments

ps. i am using a laptop so dont have much screen height so had to kind of crush down some of the windows like the 'test area' and the 'expressions', and the 'wafeforms view' at the top (i attached a pic)
« Last Edit: 18:53, 13 October 18 by vtk »

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
« Reply #155 on: 02:16, 13 October 18 »
Yes, mouse should scrolls perfectly, especially in the pattern window. On what OS are you? If you use the scrollbar on the right, does it work?

As for the screen being too crowded, there will be significant improvements in the next release, and I have more plans for the release about that!

Offline vtk

• CPC464
« Reply #156 on: 18:32, 13 October 18 »
ace that's great news about the lower resolution users screen overcrowding issue being addressed.  if it's useful info to you, it looks like 1366x768 is still the most popular desktop resolution:
http://gs.statcounter.com/screen-resolution-stats/desktop/worldwide

i am using windows 7 64bit and the scrollbar on the right works ok yes

when i try to use the mouse (laptop touchpad) scroll, the little windows mouse scroll icon is displayed (like in the pic below), but the scrolling itself does not occur

i have noticed, if i click (left mouse click) in upper or lower positions in the pattern window, i can move up and down that way (same behaviour as in the original arkos tracker)
« Last Edit: 19:03, 13 October 18 by vtk »

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
« Reply #157 on: 14:00, 19 October 18 »

@vtk Strange, I can't reproduce this. I tested on my ASUS laptop, on both Linux and Windows bits, the scrolling using the trackpad works perfectly.

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
« Reply #158 on: 14:02, 19 October 18 »
@vtk Strange, I can't reproduce this. I tested on my ASUS laptop, on both Linux and Windows bits, the scrolling using the trackpad works perfectly.

@Arnaud Any development on your bug? You didn't send me your songs for me to test.

Offline vtk

• CPC464
« Reply #159 on: 03:28, 20 October 18 »

hey thanks for looking into it, i think i will try some different touchpad drivers for my laptop, maybe that will fix the issue for me

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
« Reply #160 on: 13:51, 20 October 18 »
I guess the touchpad works perfectly with any other application? Do not go crash your laptop just for AT2 :) .

Offline vtk

• CPC464
« Reply #161 on: 00:31, 22 October 18 »
well it turned out to be touchpad drivers,  it's a real pain in the a$$ laptop
if i use an older version of the drivers, the touchpad works well with everything except the scroll in arkos tracker II,
however if i use latest drivers, then the scroll works in arkos tracker II but the touchpad itself behaves poorly (it feels like it is 'faulty')
so i expect i will install the old drivers again..........

edit:  phew, fixed it now.  i found some drivers in-between the newest version and the older version i was using, and for those in-between drivers, all of my problems are fixed now and everything works   :D
« Last Edit: 02:08, 22 October 18 by vtk »

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
« Reply #162 on: 16:08, 22 October 18 »
Everything was perfect on Linux, but on Windows, I also had to update my drivers (the scrolling didn't work at all, for any application). Morality: use Linux :) . Glad you could work this out, though.