Author Topic: Arkos Tracker 2 - Released!  (Read 10157 times)

Offline SuTeKH/Epyteor

• 6128 Plus
  • AMSTRAD FOREVER
  • Liked: 1140
Re: Arkos Tracker 2 - Released!
« Reply #175 on: 16:43, 08 November 18 »
I do have a version of "Cocio & Finsprit" that supports multiple AYs (via the beta AT2) but I think most people would not be interested in it! ^_^
I was going to use AT1 and SyX's plAycity code, but I am lazy and not very good at Z80 coding!

Offline Arnaud

• Supporter
  • 464 Plus
  • Liked: 330
« Reply #176 on: 20:33, 11 November 18 »
Just played with it and i tried to load CHP musics converted by CNGSoft.
It works pretty well and it's really nice to see how the those great tunes were done  :)
« Last Edit: 20:38, 11 November 18 by Arnaud »

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 686
« Reply #177 on: 22:07, 11 November 18 »
The CNG Soft format is really different, so the import is "best effort". Drums for example are not well managed during the import (most of the time, simply modify the instrument to remove the "sound" (type of sound = 0)).
But this should be enough to finish a song made with Chip'n'sfx, into AT2 (which is the purpose of the imports).

Did you like the new UI better (with the VuMeters besides the Linker)?

In the next version, the Expressions (Arpeggio/Pitch) will be removed and put at the same level as the Pattern Editor/Instrument Editor, which will save even more space.

Offline Arnaud

• Supporter
  • 464 Plus
  • Liked: 330
« Reply #178 on: 22:16, 11 November 18 »
Did you like the new UI better (with the VuMeters besides the Linker)?

Yes it's really better, there is more room for the pattern editor.
Now i have to see how works the new export, if i understand there is configuration file to include in the compilation ?

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 686
« Reply #179 on: 00:21, 12 November 18 »
Now i have to see how works the new export, if i understand there is configuration file to include in the compilation ?
Yes, everything is explained on this page. But be aware that you don't HAVE to use it if you don't want to (so, there is nothing to do). But it would be a shame not to use it, this really saves quite a lot of memory on the AKG/Lightweight players.

This also requires Rasm, unless you assembler accept the same IFDEF mnemonic (for compatibility tricks, check here).