News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPR Builder Dragon Redux 2017

Started by Grim, 17:56, 10 August 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim

Prologue: I got reminded about a nearly decade old webapp that builds a CPR file out of a bunch of ROM files. It appeared to be bugged (oops). To add insult to injury, it was written in PHP, thus required a remote online server to work at all. It sucked.

So here comes CPR Builder Dragon Redux quickly hacked in vanilla Javascript that (hopefully) works on any decent browser (even offline if you save the HTML file locally).

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk!

andycadley

Nice. I've got a command line utility I think Kev wrote, but that's pretty cool as a more user friendly tool. I guess what we really need now is a hacked firmware ROM that will scan the cart range rather than the standard ROM slots.

dragon

I'm guilty   :D  the old page only made 20roms

I think arnoldemu is working in the 32 ROM detection.

GUNHED

New space for Dragons super cartridges! Horay!!!  :) :) :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Gryzor

What do you mean, with PHP you need a remote server? Doesn't everyone have a LAMP server on their home PC?

No?

Oh...

Well, great tool. I don't have a need for it, but good to have :)

Skunkfish

I believe Grimware.org is still down?

Is this tool available elsewhere?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

The_Mole_UK

Quote from: Grim on 17:56, 10 August 17
Prologue: I got reminded about a nearly decade old webapp that builds a CPR file out of a bunch of ROM files. It appeared to be bugged (oops). To add insult to injury, it was written in PHP, thus required a remote online server to work at all. It sucked.

So here comes CPR Builder Dragon Redux quickly hacked in vanilla Javascript that (hopefully) works on any decent browser (even offline if you save the HTML file locally).

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk!
Like this, but site is down.  Anywhere else please?

roudoudou

Quote from: Skunkfish on 11:00, 21 February 18
I believe Grimware.org is still down?

Is this tool available elsewhere?
Quote from: The_Mole_UK on 21:14, 16 September 18Like this, but site is down.  Anywhere else please?
You may use Rasm to build a CPR :)
buildcpr
bank 0
incbin 'rom1.bin'
bank 1
incbin 'rom2.bin'
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

The_Mole_UK

Quote from: roudoudou on 21:17, 16 September 18
You may use Rasm to build a CPR :)
buildcpr
bank 0
incbin 'rom1.bin'
bank 1
incbin 'rom2.bin'

I'll look for that later...

I am unsure how easy I'll find it.  I'd like a tool that takes the standard cartridge, I can specify the slots, add a ROM or three, click make or something.  Anything like that exist?  Windows would be fine even...