News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New version of ParaDOS finally released.

Started by Executioner, 05:12, 26 November 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

Quote from: Executioner on 21:59, 30 November 15
ParaDOS can't use any more than 552K of RAM. If you have 1152K then it's not Dk'Tronics compatible.

OK thank you, I was not aware about this limitation in paraDOS.

Guy0me

Quote from: CraigsBar on 14:46, 30 November 15
Which one?

Stock, fw 3.15 or patched?

Let me know and I'll do it tonight.
Yes CraigsBar same for me too we need the Azerty release of the Parados 1.2 CPR and also the one with FW3.15  ;D thanx a lot !

CraigsBar

Quote from: Guy0me on 10:24, 02 December 15
Yes CraigsBar same for me too we need the Azerty release of the Parados 1.2 CPR and also the one with FW3.15  ;D thanx a lot !
OK, I'll try to get them done tonight.I ran out of time last night trying (and failing) to remap controls for hirise.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Guy0me

Quote from: CraigsBar on 10:28, 02 December 15
OK, I'll try to get them done tonight.I ran out of time last night trying (and failing) to remap controls for hirise.
No problem take your time  ;) maybe a version without burnin'rubber too i guess it will reduce the size of the CPR and a quicker boot .. :-X

CraigsBar

Quote from: Guy0me on 10:35, 02 December 15
No problem take your time  ;) maybe a version without burnin'rubber too i guess it will reduce the size of the CPR and a quicker boot .. :-X
It makes no difference to the boot time in all honesty. And what would happen to |game etc with no burning rubber..... Unless someone else works out how a different game can be added into those 5 16k romslots instead.

Sent from my A3-A30 using Tapatalk

Guy0me

Quote from: CraigsBar on 14:22, 02 December 15
It makes no difference to the boot time in all honesty. And what would happen to |game etc with no burning rubber..... Unless someone else works out how a different game can be added into those 5 16k romslots instead.

Sent from my A3-A30 using Tapatalk
Agree there is no difference.. I was just talking about this because Gerald made some CPR with Parados1.1 with no game in it with a size of 49ko and a FR_FW315ParaDOS1.1 with a size of 65ko no game too..
I'm dreaming about a CPR with RSX |C4CPC  :P but it's another subject..

CraigsBar

Quote from: Guy0me on 14:58, 02 December 15
Agree there is no difference.. I was just talking about this because Gerald made some CPR with Parados1.1 with no game in it with a size of 49ko and a FR_FW315ParaDOS1.1 with a size of 65ko no game too..
I'm dreaming about a CPR with RSX |C4CPC  :P but it's another subject..
now having |game go back to the c4cpc menu would be awesome, but not possible I guess since it needs a power cycle.

gerald

Quote from: CraigsBar on 15:07, 02 December 15
now having |game go back to the c4cpc menu would be awesome, but not possible I guess since it needs a power cycle.
That would be possible. The power cycle is needed to reload CprSelect when you load a cartridge with it.

Quote from: Guy0me on 14:58, 02 December 15
The Stipped version (48K) still load faster than the full version (128k). Bigger is the CPR, longer is the load time. But we are talking of tenth of second  ;D
It would also be nice to strip the conversion dsk from empty tarck/sectors. This would improve loading time as well.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Guy0me on 10:35, 02 December 15

OK Guys, sorry for the delay, but I have done what I can... Attached here you will find.

1. French FW3.15 and Parados 1.2+ (Burning Rubber included and working with |game)
2. French Patched (32 Roms and Bug Fix) Parados 1.2+ (Burning Rubber included and working with |game)

I cannot yet do a totally stock versions with Parados 1.2+ at the moment because I cannot find a totally stock French CPR or BIN image. If anyone has one, please let me know so I can do this one too.

Guy0me

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:26, 03 December 15
I cannot yet do a totally stock versions with Parados 1.2+ at the moment because I cannot find a totally stock French CPR or BIN image. If anyone has one, please let me know so I can do this one too.
Hello i have a Amsdos_FR_Patched.cpr if you want or a FR_Parados_1.1.cpr or a FR_FW315ParaDOS1.1.cpr if it can helps but i don't really understand what you need lol  :picard:

Anyway when i use the French FW3.15 Parados 1.2+ or even the english one CPR on Winape , it keep booting and booting all over again  ???

reidrac

Slightly off topic, but I didn't know ParaDOS included Burnin' Rubber.

When I was developing SPC, I was testing on WinAPE and I had a crash in my game that started Burnin' Rubber... and I can assure you that was the biggest WTF ever in my development career :laugh:

At that time I couldn't explain it. I had played the game not so long ago after watching ChinnyVision and I thought perhaps the DSK was still somewhere referenced in WinAPE... or something. Hah!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

gerald

Updated System cartridge are available on C4CPC page
You will find 3 archive (English/French/Spanish) of :
- Original systems (Basic 1.1 + Amsdos + BurninRubber)
- Original system with parados 1.2+ (Basic 1.1 + Parados 1.2 + BurninRubber)
- Original system with parados 1.2  (Basic 1.1 + Parados 1.2)
- FW1.36 32 rom (Basic 1.1 + Amsdos + BurninRubber)
- FW1.36 32 rom with parados (Basic 1.1 + Parados 1.2)

Guy0me

Quote from: gerald on 18:13, 04 December 15
Awesome ! Thanx Gerald
AND THE FW 1.36 does not booting all over again in winape good !

Kris

You mean FW 3.16 not 1.36 ;)
THank you for this update

gerald

Quote from: Kris on 09:17, 05 December 15

You mean FW 3.16 not 1.36 ;)
THank you for this update
Finger dislexy fixed on the Wiki  :picard:

Executioner

I've just uploaded a new version of ParaDOS 1.2/1.2+ on WinAPE : Windows Amstrad Plus Emulator : Downloads which fixes the bug that stopped it working in slots 1 through 6. Not an easy fix since I had to remove a 1 byte optimisation in the ROM init code, which meant I had to find another. I found I could replace:

PUSH IY
PUSH DE
POP IY

with

PUSH DE
EX (SP),IY

gerald

System cartridge updated with latest version of Parados. (but older shold be fine as parados is in slot 7)

Executioner

Quote from: gerald on 09:01, 14 December 15
System cartridge updated with latest version of Parados. (but older shold be fine as parados is in slot 7)

Thanks gerald. I'll be releasing an update WinAPE in order to update most copies. I was debating changing the version number for the bug fix.

Audronic

Thanks    :D

All working fine in Slot 6.

Ray

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

dodogildo

Yaay,
Urban-Retro burned me the new version. He really is awesome.

M'enfin!

CraigsBar

Quote from: Executioner on 09:27, 14 December 15
Thanks gerald. I'll be releasing an update WinAPE in order to update most copies. I was debating changing the version number for the bug fix.
Sorry to report, I found another little bug!

With parados 1.2+ I am not able to launch CPM from ROM. With parados 1.1 it works.

I'd love a fix, either with a patch to the CPM ROM (preferable as I have made a physical Firmware 3.15 and parados 1.2+ cart now) or to parados.

Thanks

Craig

Executioner

Where can I find the CPM ROM you are using?

Kris

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:35, 16 January 16
Sorry to report, I found another little bug!

With parados 1.2+ I am not able to launch CPM from ROM. With parados 1.1 it works.

I'd love a fix, either with a patch to the CPM ROM (preferable as I have made a physical Firmware 3.15 and parados 1.2+ cart now) or to parados.

Thanks

Craig

The Firmware 3.16 is avalaible as well :) ; better wait for a fixed parados and make a new ROM ;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Executioner on 22:11, 19 January 16
Where can I find the CPM ROM you are using?
I'll grab it off the plus and attach it here later.

Edit : Attached

Oddly it works just fine with Parados 1.2 on the JustCPC. however on the 6128+ with Parados1.2+ it just hangs forever more, never loading CPM.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Kris on 22:37, 19 January 16

The Firmware 3.16 is avalaible as well :) ; better wait for a fixed parados and make a new ROM ;)
At the moment I am using 3.15 because of the silicon disc. I'll move up to 3.16 when acme-dos comes along so i can use the ide device instead.