Something regarding the Advanced Art Studio ----> ,c&000....

Started by Misel982001, 15:28, 17 February 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Misel982001

Dear All

I remember back in those days that I was able to create a 10 screen presentation using advanced.I drew 10 screens with it and then I sequentially loaded them in the basic screen. I wrote a line that ended like this"   ,&c000". I have forgotten the full command. Can someone help me please? Does anyone remember this command?

Devilmarkus

LOAD"<FILENAME>",&C000 ?!??

Edit: If you use ConvImgCPC or JavaCPC Paint to create such screens, you then can add a CALL &C7D0 to restore the screen's palette. Idunno, if this also works with the Advanced Art studio.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Yeah, Advances OCP Art Studio .SCR files also included the palette, so you have to LOAD and CALL something IIRC. It's been a while.

Advanced OCP Art Studio File Formats suggests:

LOAD "FILE.SCR", &4000
CALL &4000

If I'm reading it right?

Misel982001

Cholo

Oh, and if you want to load a screen from tape without having the "loading block X" mess up part of the screen, then you can use the stealth ! command in front of the name aka:

LOAD"!FILENAME",&C000

Misel982001

Misel982001

Something more: Can I load the screens only when pressing the space button? Does a directive to enable me to do this exist?

EgoTrip

I don't know for OCP as I've never used it.

But for standard screens, if you want to load them when space is pressed you want something like:

10 IF INKEY$=" " THEN LOAD"!screen.scr",&c000 ELSE GOTO 10
20 WHILE INKEY$<>" ":WEND

Replace the LOAD bit with the OCP specific load stuff which has been mentioned previously.

You can also use INKEY(47)>-1 and INKEY(47)=-1 in place of the respective INKEY$ instruction, either way works. This tests for the specific key (Space Bar = 47) being pressed rather than the space character being input. But unless you have changed the space bar with KEY DEF then it doesn't really matter.

Line 10 waits for space to be pressed, then loads the screen. Line 20 waits for space to be pressed before moving on/exiting.

McKlain

EgoTrip

That works for any key, he asked for space. But yeah, thats another option if you want to wait for any key.