News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

symbos installation with m4board

Started by dimdim80, 08:45, 09 July 18

Previous topic - Next topic

dimdim80

Hello everyone,from yesterday i am an owner of m4 board by duke and a proud owner of a cpc6128+!First thing i tried to do was to install symbos so i downloaded the file ,copied it in my microsd and then inserted it in the m4board.i used the command to upload it in the first for positions of m4board and i managed to start it.I will appreciate it if someone helps me how to install the widgets(calculator,net daemon,sympamp).
One last question:i download games in dsk format but i am not able to play them on my machine.For rick dangerous 128+ ,I use the Idskx command in order to view the files within it but the only thing i get is the first screen and then returns me to the desktop.Thank you in advance.Duke and Toto fantastic work guys but also everybody who try to maintain cpc6128 alive!!

Duke

Quote from: dimdim80 on 08:45, 09 July 18
First thing i tried to do was to install symbos so i downloaded the file ,copied it in my microsd and then inserted it in the m4board.i used the command to upload it in the first for positions of m4board and i managed to start it.I will appreciate it if someone helps me how to install the widgets(calculator,net daemon,sympamp).
You should use the file version (not rom version) of SymbOS to get M4 sd/wifi support.
http://www.symbos.de/download.htm

If you download latest version for CPC, then inside the zip is another zip for M4 board. Unpack it to root of your microSD card and type run"sym
One last question:i download games in dsk format but i am not able to play them on my machine.For rick dangerous 128+ ,I use the Idskx command in order to view the files within it but the only thing i get is the first screen and then returns me to the desktop.
Try to set M4 rom to 7 in the web interface.
And also you do not need to extract the dsk, unless the game has save ability.
So just
|cd,"rickdangerous.dsk"
run"-rick

Should be fine.

dimdim80

That worked...oen last thing,some applications are 2 sided thus have 2 dsk images.what happens in that case?how do i swap discs?

Duke

Quote from: dimdim80 on 10:11, 09 July 18
That worked...oen last thing,some applications are 2 sided thus have 2 dsk images.what happens in that case?how do i swap discs?
You can swap dsk via the web interface (CD on CPC).
A better solution if possible would be to extract the files of both dsk's into the same directory, thus no swapping needed.