News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

BFS16 & FAT in the same HD?

Started by Joseman, 22:02, 27 April 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

My German is not that good, but I really don't think that's what he said.

HAL6128

Quote from: Prodatron on 21:47, 28 April 15
But it requires 2 IDE devices...
(you will have to use Google translator probably ;) )
Is it - generally speaking - possible to use two X-Mass devices on a MotherX4 as a Master/Slave configuration?
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:21, 01 May 15
My German is not that good, but I really don't think that's what he said.

Eh, actually that is more or less what he said. He really doesn't want to be bothered with it or any of the questions / support requests that he still gets any more. I'm not sure I'd call it abandonware though, more just a finished project where user support has ended.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:21, 01 May 15My German is not that good, but I really don't think that's what he said.

Well, it's my mother tongue. You can rely on what I told.  :)

Quote from: Bryce on 20:41, 01 May 15
Eh, actually that is more or less what he said. He really doesn't want to be bothered with it or any of the questions / support requests that he still gets any more.

Bryce.

Which is a pity, because it's the only DOS for HDD's running with the native OS. [nb]Even if it uses a proprietary format for HD and doesn't work with software requiring more than 64 KB. But there is a trade off for buffering. Which is understandable. [/nb]
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Prodatron

Quote from: TFM on 18:20, 01 May 15
BDOS is Abandonware
This definition would fit to 99% of all cpc software  ;D
The question is: Why did TFM add this category ONLY for BonnyDOS in the whole CPCWiki? (http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php?title=BonnyDOS&diff=86887&oldid=74519)  Did Arnor announced that Maxam, Protext etc is "abandonware", too? It's really a long long time ago, when these products have been updated :D So I removed this quite senseless category some time ago, as it was too obvious that it was only added by TFM as he seem to have a big problem with BonnyDOS? But the question is: WHY? Maybe because of this post he did 10,5 years ago and then completely failed? ( FutureOS with IDE and FAT next year! - comp.sys.amstrad.8bit ) I have no idea, but I can understand Pentagons concerns very well  :(

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Gryzor

Ok guys, please, please take it easy. Personally I tend to agree with both sides - yes it's abandonware but after all what does this mean? It'd be more appropriate if there was a category "under active development", otherwise I should probably auto-move all software pages to the abandonware category...