News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

I'd buy it myself. But I am cash strapped in the run up to Christmas.... Besides I want an everdrive for my new (bargain) n64.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Audronic

Hi All

Magnetic Ferrite Core Memory plate 4096b Saratov2 PDP8 clone

USSR Soviet Russian Magnetic Ferrite Core Memory plate 4096b Saratov2 PDP8 clone | eBay

To put in a picture frame on the wall.

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Bryce

I've one of these (a Bulgarian version I think) framed on the wall :) It's a 4K version, but I've never gone to the bother of dumping its contents.

Bryce.

seanb

There are a few auctions for replacement 464 tape counters
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142204818244
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Gryzor

Huh, that's actually very useful...

seanb

See I have my usefulness from time to time.

He has some other good stuff for sale and I'm not talking about the penis clamp items.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

||C|-|E||

That could be the weirdest combination of stuff for sale I have ever seen  :-\

Gryzor

"Customers also bought..." :D :D

Audronic

Two 6128's Unknown condition for sale on Ebay In Greece might be good for a techo in Greece or for spares.

I won the items for 20 Euro each BUT The Postage to Australia 70 Plus euro killed the deal, Damn.
They have been reposted

http://www.ebay.com/itm/amstrad-cpc-6128-/122270424083?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/amstrad-cpc-6128-with-power-/122270422983?
Good luck   Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Gryzor

Oh the poor machines... I apologise on behalf of my compatriots :(

Audronic

@Gryzor
Ok to make amends if you purchase them then that will make it OK. :-*
Ps:-   They were very friendly and gave me the Option to withdraw from the sale. :)
Ray

Procrastinators Unite,

Bryce

They'll both polish up nicely. Just need a decent service, no unrepairable damage.

Bryce.

keropi

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:33, 16 December 16
Oh the poor machines... I apologise on behalf of my compatriots :(

looks like someone dumpster dived and sells his finds , this is not an eBay first you know...

Bryce

There's a seriously nice PCW pack with lots of extras just gone up for sale on Amibay: http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?88868-Amstrad-PCW-and-various-assorted-gubbins

Bryce.

dlfrsilver

Quote from: Cholo on 13:30, 08 February 16

The majority of commercial tape games on all 8bit computer systems was all using different creative ways of storing the data on cassette tape (and similar disc as well). The normal amstrad loading system is infact very userfriendly using a 2kb "Block" loading system that supports rewinding if meeting an error. You will meet this with many early games like the Amsoft brand and Elite brand games.

That's quite true yep :)

QuoteI guess first layer of protecting your data was using the P "protect" command when saving your data, however this just changed a byte (or bit?) in tape file header, so if you tried to "load" or "cat"alogue or "list" it .. it didnt show anything. Of cause this only fooled hiding stuff from your mother, as its not hidden when loading from machine code or from people who know where to poke the file header.

The first protection, is the physical one. I have seen tapes using Amstrad blocks, and protected against copying with a foam buffer instead of the copper part with buffer. That's the case of almost all the Elite games : Scooby doo, Ikari Warriors, Paperboy, just to name of few.

QuoteCommerical software however we are taking about some much more elaborate stuff as they did all kinds of tape mastering stuff like weak signals, odd syncs, crc memory checks, 100s of tiny data chunks written close togehter.

It's going further than that. The Bleepload v2 musical is made of 75000 microblocks. I passed Druid with the new to come tape tool called CSW2CDT made by CNGSOFT, and it can process CORRECTLY, not like samp2cdt all the speedlock schemes presents on tape.

QuoteAll done to make it harder to dublicate the original tape .. aka if you try to copy it in a double tape deck perhaps the "weak signals" dosnt get copied because the deck think its background noise etc.

Even better : key audio tone as protection. The double decks only copy analogic signal, when those are digital XD. Impossible to copy them.

QuoteHowever it should be mentioned that quite a few "protected" games can still be copied in a tape deck if you use the right settings & high enough volume (if i recall right).

Well not really, because to duplicate those schemes, you need a better duplication equipment than the standard ones we had at home.

QuoteSo they had different loading ways, "but why didnt you just load the game the same way as they did and make a copy of the data?"- i hear you ask. Sure enough, the first part of the game contains the data "loader". However it was usually encryped behind a wall of system dependant commands, like 117 Xor commands. To explain it simply: trying to decode/look at the code changes the system aka "butterfly effect" and the next part of the code is ruined. Getting past this required some brainpower, but was possible as a small chunk of the 464 and more notably the second 64k memory bank of the 6128 can survive a "warm reset" aka reseting the while its still on (not the on/off switch). Of cause when the Multiface 2 & similar cards came out all you had to do was press the "magic button".

Or else modify the program to decode itself alone in a part of the memory.

QuoteWell, i really dont know, but from reading the wiki i assumed this device would work like a double tape deck .. aka making a 1-1 backup preserving mostly everything including the protection as the software will "listen" correctly (right volume) and not accidentally think that a weak signal is background noice etc. Again i have no idea how effective the software/cart actually is but i assume it at least can copy some of the early speedlock & spectrum loaders. Again back then it was a "protection race" as once someone "defeated" a protecting a better one was made. I noticed the spectrum Doubler had like 3-4 versions so one must suspects limited compatability with later protections.

Well in fact, the speedlock makers were changing their protection in a totally random manner. Some titles used a specific version, while a truckload others used the same version of the protection.

QuoteThe software on the other side of the tape i assume is just a normal file copy program that copies normal amstrad 2kb block files that has been saved with the basic "P" command hiding it from Cat, load, list etc. This is nothing special and you dont need the cart to do this at all & you can use any other file copy program like Amsback, jl-copy etc. to "unprotect" those files.

Or binary disguised as basic program :)

QuoteAh yes, i do use CDT's too, infact i got plent of ways to get data & games onto my 464, so its completely a luxurary issue to feed my cassette file loading/copying fetish. The experience of loading up tape games has definately become obsolete. Sitting there with a cup of coffee feeding my nostolgia loading up a tape game who know what will happen? .. will we get a loading screen, maybe the screen loads in reverse or reverse colours? Maybe there is a small counter showing how much time is left to load? Maybe some music will play while loading? All things youll never experience if you load up the disc verision.

I love tape loading too. The new tool to come public, called CSW2CDT will allow perfect tape encoding, with the exact timings coming from the tapes (samp2cdt was encoding the values from nowhere !) and also allowing perfect reversal of the CDT made.

I did tests on more than 600 tapes dump to make sure it does great ! So now, it won't be long until it's available :)

dragon

Not import the protection im the 80/90 my cpc not load original tapes because It.

But It load all duplicated un my chinese radio cassette at tone level 6.5.

So they are very easy to copy. I use turbo to copy It in the radio cassette. I conserve today these tdk-j i made.

||C|-|E||

Somebody very optimistic wants to sell 125 tapes for 900 pounds...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amstrad-cpc-464-collection-125-games-includes-super-rare-games-/201787834583?hash=item2efb7e00d7:g:8MMAAOSwj85YRG8x

They look nice and Bryce´s avatar appears in the pictures, but still...

Bryce

They're not being sold by me!!! And I'm not in Twickenham! But I'll gladly take a few grams of whatever the seller is smoking :) 900 pounds !!! :D

Bryce.

genesis8

I know, I couldnt resist writing about it on my site.

Maybe I shouldnt have written that the reason was the brexit :o

My sense of humour will never be understood I fear.

dragon

Quote from: Bryce on 21:19, 19 January 17
They're not being sold by me!!! And I'm not in Twickenham! But I'll gladly take a few grams of whatever the seller is smoking :) 900 pounds !!! :D

Bryce.

At least is more cheaper that the cpc in Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C0T529I?ref=olp_product_details

||C|-|E||

That is because:

- it is in very good condition.
- a valkyrie riding a unicorn delivers it to your door.
- Alan Sugar himself gave that computer his blessing and inserted the Z80 into the socket with his own hands. He also soldered the capacitors, probably.

dragon

A valkiry unicorn sending packet cost 4$?. It included 20 games. Maybe is the cause.

Hey i found a accesory i can't find in the wiki!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00E5PEUDY/ref=mp_s_a_1_234?ie=UTF8&qid=1484877469&sr=8-234&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=amstrad

Bryce

Quote from: dragon on 01:24, 20 January 17

At least is more cheaper that the cpc in Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C0T529I?ref=olp_product_details

Give him a chance. At least the shipping is reasonable for such a large item :D

Bryce.

mark_htfc

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 18:23, 19 January 17
Somebody very optimistic wants to sell 125 tapes for 900 pounds...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amstrad-cpc-464-collection-125-games-includes-super-rare-games-/201787834583?hash=item2efb7e00d7:g:8MMAAOSwj85YRG8x

They look nice and Bryce´s avatar appears in the pictures, but still...

I just noticed this when looking through at games on eBay, I don't think I've ever laughed so much :laugh: , I'd love to know who he had got to evaluate the cost of what he should get for them!