News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Looking for a CPC 6128 Power switch.

Started by remax, 21:19, 13 January 18

Previous topic - Next topic

remax

I'm housing my cost-down 6128 motherboard, that i had laying in a cardboard for some time, in a totally empty 6128 case.

I had a standalone keyboard, but i have no power switch, so i'm looking for one so that my CPC become usable. If i try to use the one from my other 6128, it works, so i'm really that near of having another usable CPC...

If you have another idea, i'm earing you!
Brain Radioactivity

remax

Brain Radioactivity

Bryce

Quote from: remax on 21:19, 13 January 18
I'm housing my cost-down 6128 motherboard, that i had laying in a cardboard for some time, in a totally empty 6128 case.

I had a standalone keyboard, but i have no power switch, so i'm looking for one so that my CPC become usable. If i try to use the one from my other 6128, it works, so i'm really that near of having another usable CPC...

If you have another idea, i'm earing you!

I probably have a few spare original switches, will check later.

Bryce.

Bryce

Hi remax,
      here's what I have. Do you just need the power switch or the complete assembly with volume control. I have both.

Bryce.

remax

If you can give me the complete thing, that would be even better !

I was counting on my TV (using an appropriate scart) to give me sound, but having the internal speaker would always be a good plus.
Brain Radioactivity

Bryce

Ok, will PM you with details.

Bryce.

Bryce

Hi remax,
       didn't get a chance to come online at the weekend, the cable went out in Friday's post.

Bryce.

remax

Quote from: Bryce on 08:49, 29 January 18
Hi remax,
       didn't get a chance to come online at the weekend, the cable went out in Friday's post.

Bryce.

Really nice of you !

I'll tell you when i'll get it ;)
Brain Radioactivity

remax

I got it, it works well even if i scared myself by not plugin the switch at the right spot (it's inverted between my CRTC1 and my CRTC4 hence my error, i plugged it on the 12v entry in fact).

So thanks for all, my CRTC4 is now in a usable state.

I miss the led on my case, it's not a big deal, but i saw one on ebay for a CPC Plus at an OK price : https://www.ebay.fr/itm/LED-CARCASSE-ORDINATEUR-AMSTRAD-CPC-6128-PLUS/273033760328?hash=item3f92148e48:g:AeoAAOSwD39aY1M6

I don't mind the fact it's not of the right color, but would you think it would fit/work on a standard CPC ? :)
Brain Radioactivity

Bryce

Quote from: remax on 13:15, 02 February 18
I got it, it works well even if i scared myself by not plugin the switch at the right spot (it's inverted between my CRTC1 and my CRTC4 hence my error, i plugged it on the 12v entry in fact).

So thanks for all, my CRTC4 is now in a usable state.

I miss the led on my case, it's not a big deal, but i saw one on ebay for a CPC Plus at an OK price : https://www.ebay.fr/itm/LED-CARCASSE-ORDINATEUR-AMSTRAD-CPC-6128-PLUS/273033760328?hash=item3f92148e48:g:AeoAAOSwD39aY1M6

I don't mind the fact it's not of the right color, but would you think it would fit/work on a standard CPC ? :)

Doh!!! Why didn't you say this BEFORE I sent you the switch, I could have sent you a solution for this too.  :picard:

Bryce.

remax

Quote from: Bryce on 15:03, 02 February 18
Doh!!! Why didn't you say this BEFORE I sent you the switch, I could have sent you a solution for this too.  :picard:

Bryce.
That's your fault :-D. At first, i only wanted a switch, but now that i filled the volume pot. i'm starting to want to fill everything that is missing :-D

Well, no hurry as now the cpc works so we'll see in a few time.

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

Brain Radioactivity