News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Scambay corner!

Started by tjohnson, 21:37, 26 December 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 11:37, 22 February 18
With Mötley Crüe alcohol was involved, but that still doesn't explain why ice cream companies felt they had to do the same :D

Bryce.

As someone who just ploughed through an entire tub of their Strawberries and Cream flavour. I'm convinced that they've put SOMETHING in there to make you keep going back for more... So that was also most likely an alcohol fueled creation.

(and other excuses as to why I was such a glutton last night...)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

What's the offending icecream brand?

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:12, 25 February 18
What's the offending icecream brand?

Häagen Dasz. US company, invented a European sounding name to... Sound European?

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 09:59, 26 February 18
Häagen Dasz. US company, invented a European sounding name to... Sound European?

Bryce.

But ze ice cream ze very tasty, no?  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Poliander

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 13:45, 26 February 18
But ze ice cream ze very tasty, no?  :laugh:

Should that be funny?
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

Shaun M. Neary

Skunkfish

Quote from: Bryce on 09:59, 26 February 18

They had me fooled, I had no idea they were American!

Mövenpick is definitely Swiss though, Google told me...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Skunkfish on 11:37, 27 February 18
They had me fooled, I had no idea they were American!

Mövenpick is definitely Swiss though, Google told me...

Even more hilarious about Häagen Dasz, is that the two founders, one was born in Poland, another in Manchester, and the name was basically Danish, despite the fact that, wait for it, said umlaut does not exist in Denmark!

Yeah, I've spent too long on wikipedia already...

SRS

Quote from: Poliander on 19:11, 26 February 18
Should that be funny?

off kohrs ! fii laik sät jumorr hier !

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: SRS on 21:37, 01 March 18
off kohrs ! fii laik sät jumorr hier !

Germans can be funny!
Don't believe me? They gave us the Scorpions and passed them off as a metal band!

Bryce

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 01:39, 02 March 18
They gave us the Scorpions and passed them off as a metal band!

Says the guy from the country that inflicted Chris De Burgh on the world! (and didn't even attempt to classify his music) :D

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 08:20, 02 March 18
Says the guy from the country that inflicted Chris De Burgh on the world! (and didn't even attempt to classify his music) :D

Bryce.

Hey, I'm as embarrassed for Argentina's contribution to the Eurovision as much as anyone.
Thin Lizzy, Rory Gallagher, Gary Moore, and you're throwing CDeB at me?

Three words for ya! THE KELLY FAMILY.  :laugh: :laugh:
Germans TRYING to be Irish! That was funny too.

Bryce

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 12:30, 02 March 18

Hey, I'm as embarrassed for Argentina's contribution to the Eurovision as much as anyone.
Thin Lizzy, Rory Gallagher, Gary Moore, and you're throwing CDeB at me?

Three words for ya! THE KELLY FAMILY.  :laugh: :laugh:
Germans TRYING to be Irish! That was funny too.

The Kelly Family aren't German or Irish, they're Americans.

Bryce.

SRS

"During the great famine in Ireland in the middle of the 19th century, many Irish people immigrated to America. Sean O'Kelley, born 1839, was one of them. He was only 8 years old when he and his family emigrated from somewhere around Cobh, Ireland, to Michigan in the US. Sean O'Kelley is the great-grandfather of "The Kelly Family". In USA, they changed the name O'Kelley to Kelly, to sound more American."

Blame us for Scorpions but not them :D

Shaun M. Neary

Actually one of them was born in Germany. I actually thought more of them were!!

I find it disturbing that Germany is where they're selling most of their music too!  :laugh:

Bryce

Quote from: SRS on 20:15, 02 March 18
"During the great famine in Ireland in the middle of the 19th century, many Irish people immigrated to America. Sean O'Kelley, born 1839, was one of them. He was only 8 years old when he and his family emigrated from somewhere around Cobh, Ireland, to Michigan in the US. Sean O'Kelley is the great-grandfather of "The Kelly Family". In USA, they changed the name O'Kelley to Kelly, to sound more American."

Blame us for Scorpions but not them :D
So they changed their name from a lesser known Irish name to the second most common Irish name to sound more American??
And whoever wrote that needs to learn the difference between immigrate and emigrate :D

Bryce.

Gesendet von meinem Motorola DynaTAC 8000x mit Tapatalk

Dagger

Had to read through the last 3 pages of absolute dribble  :(  , nothing to do with Ebay. You guys really need to get out more :)

Life's a bitch. You marry one or two then you die !

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Dagger on 12:18, 03 March 18
Had to read through the last 3 pages of absolute dribble  :(  , nothing to do with Ebay. You guys really need to get out more :)

Including you, pal!  :laugh:

ComSoft6128

Minus the monitor, £40 extra for the Burning Rubber cart, £15 for the Game controller and £10 for the manual?
Even for a business sale that it a little high.
Worth watching to see if it sells.

Flonky_Tash

If it isn't broken - make it better.

Gryzor

Of course it is! Just like the seller's mental condition.

Flonky_Tash

If it isn't broken - make it better.

tjohnson

Quote from: Flonky_Tash on 07:27, 06 April 18
20 quid for a box! I think i'm good, cheers.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amstrad-CPC6128-Vintage-Computer-BOX-ONLY/183157886335?hash=item2aa50f8d7f:g:z28AAOSwlspawU~4
That is not just any box, it is vintage, brown and has the words amstrad and cpc6128 on the side, that has got to make it worth 20 quid of anyone's money, an absolute bargain in my eyes ;)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Skunkfish

Would boxing your old 6128 add £20 to the resale value? Maybe...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)