News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amsoft box files

Started by steve, 01:48, 17 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

steve

I am not sure if that is the right description, I am thinking of the software and manuals that were supplied in a plastic folder and a cardboard sleeve, I was looking at my small pile of these things and I wondered how many different titles were produced in this format, a quick browse of the wiki did not turn up the answer, so is there a page that lists all these things?

pinace

I think only the first releases have this packaging format (1984 and early 1985 releases).

Gryzor

Which ones are we talking about? I'm drawing a blank...

Bryce

When I got my 464 back then, there was a pack of 10 (or 12) Amsoft tapes in a box (with a window on the front as far as I can remember) included in the package. I think it's this box he's referring to.

Bryce.

Edit: this one: http://www.flashbackgames.co.uk/ShopResources/1856/Thumbs/DSCF9049.jpg
(And it doesn't have a window, memory must be fading.... Row, row, row your boat...)

steve

These, hang on, I can see the image in the message box but it is not appearing in the post.

Try again,

Amstrad BASIC for CPC 464 Software - Tutorial Guide Part 1: First Steps - Amsoft

Just scroll down a bit. :D

steve

Could not get the image to load so the link in the post above will take you to an ebay auction containing the image.

yoshi.doshi

Hi steve just to add ive never seen  an actual  list of these blue large folder types  although I own several. most are covered on the wiki but appear within the educational/utilities sections.

The only one I don't think is mentioned ive come across is A level chemistry revision  although Physics is.

steve

Let's make a list here to start the page.

I have

soft 111 Amstrad Basic A tutorial guide part 1: First steps
soft 116 Hisoft Devpac
soft 164 Amsword
soft 157 Amstrad Concise BASIC Specification
soft 158 The Complete CPC 464 OS Firmware Specification
soft 158A DDI-1 Firmware - The Complete CPC 464 DOS ROM Specification
soft 905 Mastercalc
soft 914 Masterfile
soft 968 Firmware guide
soft 1010 Microscript

That's all I can reach or think of at the moment, I also have a couple of these things intended for the users own purposes, they do not have a number or title but do have 5 divider cards entitled hardware (yellow card), software (green), newsletter (blue), programs (orange), and Price list/misc. (red).

AMSDOS

There's the AMSOFT - Software And Peripherals Catalogue Winter 1984-85 which shows a couple of those box files.

Another one I don't see in your list is

Soft 157 Concise BASIC

Unfortunately it doesn't show if things like:

Soft 119 Home Budget
Soft 917 Entrepreneur
Soft 918 Decision Maker
Soft 916 Project Planner
Soft 915 Star Watcher
Soft 153 Easi-Amscalc
Soft 154 Easi-AMSWORD
Soft 197 Screen Designer
Soft 925 Introducing PASCAL for the CPC 464

came in that format either.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3