News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

cpcwiki cheat mode

Started by cpc4eva, 22:13, 18 March 14

Previous topic - Next topic

cpc4eva

I have seen on other sites such as world of speccy a dedicated cheat and game help section called the tip shop where people have posted cheats, key pressess, pokes, maps and general advice for users.

I dont think i have seen such a dedicated cheat section for cpc users.

Is there one about for cpc users ?

If not could we establish a dedicated section in the cpcwiki for a cheat mode section?

The world of speccy tip shop is very detailed and a fantastic resource for speccy users.

With easy access to copies of AA's, ACU's, Amtix etc we could post all of the cheats and pokes and codes etc all in the one section on cpcwiki.

And people who have their own tips and advice on the cpc games they love to play can share it in the cheat mode area as well.

There could also be a section in the cheat mode section that shows the cpc games that already have built in pokes when you load them up from the cpcgames cd front end and give info on what cheats they have installed on them.

The cheat mode section would also be fantastic place to store all the maps and key presses that have been submitted in the cpc mags over the years.

It could also be the dedicated area where people request help from other cpc users on how to get through tough sections in a game or ask for advice on strategies like how to win at barbarian etc etc

Gryzor

That's a fantastic idea, mate. It would need minimal preparation on the wiki, just a handful of alphabetically-sorted pages for the contents. Let's see if others find this a good idea, and more importantly, if anyone would contribute!

cpc4eva

Quote from: Gryzor on 22:18, 18 March 14
That's a fantastic idea, mate. It would need minimal preparation on the wiki, just a handful of alphabetically-sorted pages for the contents. Let's see if others find this a good idea, and more importantly, if anyone would contribute!

Thanks Gryzor  ;D

yeah the world of speccy tip shop is an alphabetically-sorted pages.

I doesn't seem like a difficult thing to do or would take up much time for people to contribute.

i think its a cpc project we can all take part in and have fun with.

steve

There are many games in the Wiki, cheat codes could be added to each games page but hidden in a similar way to the hidden parts of posts in the forum.

Border_7

Great idea. There is some of this there already (on an example game page):

Radzone - CPCWiki

and if you click on any of these magazines, there is a searchable 'mini index' showing all game hints/cheats in that issue:

The Amstrad User - CPCWiki

So, we aren't starting with absolutely nothing at least!
01000001 01101101 01110011 01110100 01110010
01100001 01100100
01000011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01110101
01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Gryzor

No need for a spoiler tag really, though possible; I mean, it's not like it's a real spoiler. If you wanna use the cheat/poke, you'll use it, if not, you won't.

Inserting them into each page... hm, lots of work...

EgoTrip

It would be cool if games that required it had some sort of gamefaqs-style walkthrough too. I can do some at some point.

Gryzor

This would also be awesome, but too much work; I guess one could/would do maybe one or two for their fav titles...

remax

A CPC Wiki cheat mode? For what? Become Admin?  ;D
Brain Radioactivity

TotO

Quote from: remax on 22:43, 24 March 14
A CPC Wiki cheat mode? For what? Become Admin?  ;D
Gryzor BILL account ?  :o
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

remax

Quote from: TotO on 22:47, 24 March 14
Gryzor BILL account ?  :o

I always thought he was (free) LANCE!  :o
Brain Radioactivity

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Ritchardo

Quote from: cpc4eva on 22:33, 18 March 14
Thanks Gryzor  ;D

yeah the world of speccy tip shop is an alphabetically-sorted pages.

I doesn't seem like a difficult thing to do or would take up much time for people to contribute.

i think its a cpc project we can all take part in and have fun with.

I have an excel sheet with every hint, tip, map, keypress, password etc. from ACU & CPC Attack referenced with game, cheat type, magazine issue and page number that I'm happy to send to you or anyone else who wants to make a start on this... should help cut the time spent a little!

Long story short: In my spare time I'm currently cataloguing every game reference in the major British Amstrad mags (including reviews, news, adverts*, cheats, letters**, features etc.) - I've just completed ACU/CPC Attack and started on CWTA.

My ultimate goal once I've finished is to have every reference to every game linked in the individual wiki pages (a bit like the World of Spectrum set-up) so we have as complete a repository as possible on game information.  It should also help us to work out a list of: which type-ins haven't been completed and uploaded for the community; what Games That Weren't are out there (and when they were first reported / canned etc.) and which are likely to be just missing; and what PD titles are perhaps out there that haven't been uploaded...

It's a long-term project as I say but this seems to feed nicely into it and I'm more than happy to share what I've got so far!

Oh... and I've been lurking for a while but it's nice to come back out of the closet and post something!

* I've only included actual adverts for the game from the publishing company (in other words not including Mail Orders etc. - I'd have been there forever and the information was never exactly accurate).

** Letters along the lines of 'I bought Game X and I think it's brill!!!!!!!' etc. have been deliberately omitted - I've only included letters with information about the game - bugs, info from/about the programmers etc.

cpc4eva

can we not just copy images from the mags of AA, etc etc and send thru to here ???

once this cpc wiki cheat mode is completed we could work on getting every cpc game with tips / poked / mapped / key pressed / inf lives / inf time / invincibility etc ???

must be about 30-40 % of cpc games still without cheats or tips....

Gryzor

@Ritchardo , how goes that excel sheet? I could merge it with my games db spreadsheet, it'd be great indeed to have it!

(he said after half a year. Dear lord, how did I miss this?)

AMSDOS

Quote from: cpc4eva on 22:13, 18 March 14
I dont think i have seen such a dedicated cheat section for cpc users.

Is there one about for cpc users ?

There's CPC-Power, or am I missing something?

Selecting Trainer Will show all the Programs with a Cheat Mode.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

The point here would be to insert the cheats to the relevant pages.

cpc4eva

true Gryzor

id also like to see is a cheat for every cpc game made that would be an incredible cpc wiki project :)

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:27, 08 October 14
The point here would be to insert the cheats to the relevant pages.

But that's what CPC-Power is doing No?  ???

Your Computer Programs

TFM

Yes, but in French ;-)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Carnivius

Do you not have the site translated then?  I almost forgot CPC-Power was french (other than the rare strangely mangled bit of english from the translator)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Gryzor

I just wish the wiki could join forces with CPC-power... *that*'d be the ultimate hub!

cpc4eva

whats the barrier from making this happen ?

Gryzor

Obviously, people love their babies and they don't want to share them, that's my guess.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:23, 22 December 14
Obviously, people love their babies and they don't want to share them, that's my guess.

I can only speculate why, though I think Security maybe part of the reason. It was terrible when CPC-Power was hacked last year and it was down for so long. People weren't happy with the Update of it, though I guess to prevent future hackings, it was necessarily to keep the site more secure, though I maybe speculating.

I guess the question I ask myself is if "World Of Spectrum" was Hacked, is the whole site immobilised?

I guess it's possible if Hacker wanted to make everyone unhappy, they would Hack our two favourite sites, when CPC-Power went down last year, I suddenly found a lot of the Manual Material I was downloading for Type-Ins was unavailable and had to turn to the programs still waiting to be typed in.  ;D

Your Computer Programs