News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Forum installation and loss of functionality

Started by Gryzor, 12:08, 20 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Now we're getting too philosophical... :D

MaV

The answer is simple: convenience.

It's not always clear in which category the thread ended, and if want to re-read it, I'd have to search for it at times. A recent thread that's still in the list is a lot easier to "find" again.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Gryzor

Not really; whenever a thread gets moved, a redirect is ALWAYS left behind to inform members...

steve

I bookmark threads I might want to read again. where did the bookmark button go?, and all the threads I bookmarked?

Gryzor

steve

Gryzor

Not a problem.

Oh also, it seems that @George Schizas actually created a userscript that fixes the broken images (Likes etc) :D That pushed me to actually properly correct them myself, so thank, man!

The medal will be coming, got some issues with the Treasury mod.

George Schizas

That was quick!  :)  I was planning to message you about this, but ...work... I only made the userscript yesterday! I haven't even installed it to my own PCs yet!

I just pulled the old images from web.archive.org and converted them to base64. I still have them on my desktop, if you want them.

Also, for reference, here's a link to the userscript.

Gryzor

Heh, actually your script motivated me to fix it :D

It felt kind of funny, someone making a script for the site!

I had already included a link. Thanks again!

Audronic

@Gryzor
An Other small Glitch
I was writing a PM to 00Wrex
Time taken was about 10 Seconds and i got this back.   Grrrrrrrr
Thanks  Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Gryzor

Thanks for your post - unfortunately this is very, very difficult to trace and debug, I'm afraid... :(

Bryce

Quote from: Audronic on 07:03, 11 October 16
@Gryzor
An Other small Glitch
I was writing a PM to 00Wrex
Time taken was about 10 Seconds and i got this back.   Grrrrrrrr
Thanks  Ray

Hi Ray,
       I've tried to reproduce this error, but no matter how long I leave an empty PM open it never times out. Could it be something to do with how your ISP is working?

Bryce.

Audronic

@Gryzor @Bryce

Ok thanks.
Just reporting what happened on the off chance that it may form a pattern that can be resolved.
Thats all

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

dragon

I can suggest a feature?.

Is posible add in a thread you are reading   an option of "search in this thread".

Even avanced search no permit search in a thread.

And other thing in the wiki portal. In mobile version, lacks a forum link.

Gryzor

I rarely use the Search function myself, but from the manual:

"The simple search field located at the top of the default SMF theme will, when viewing topics, filter search results to just that topic. The same applies to boards as well - when viewing a board the simple search field will filter the search to just results in that particular board." Have you tried that?

dragon

Ah! It works thanks I was thinking it always search in entire site. :).

Gryzor

Yeah, it's not as obvious as it should be... it'd be much easier to use/understand if there was a separate search field.

Audronic

@Gryzor

Would it be possible to expand the " Recent Posts/Topics " Or put a + Button there Please

Thanks    Ray
Procrastinators Unite,

Gryzor

dragon

None , i solved It, It no expanded i not know why jejeje :picard2:

Gryzor

Quote from: dragon on 10:28, 23 October 16
None , i solved It, It no expanded i not know why jejeje :picard2:

Haha you beat me to it :D Rough Saturday night? ;)

dragon

Jaja, not, i was view cpcwiki in vertical. So i not view the corners. :D . until i made the screenshot.

dragon

One strange think is happend to me.

When i copy and paste a text. With my mobile.

I view the copy o.k in my response  Window in the forum. And then when i post It:

The changed in the letters size.

Thats the reason some of my post appear in miniature. I was Simply made copy&paste and then when i post chaos ocurr.

dragon

When i copy and paste a text. With my mobile.I view the copy o.k in my response  Window in the forum. And then when i post It:The changed in the letters size.Thats the reason some of my post appear in miniature. I was Simply made copy&paste and then when i post chaos ocurr.

Gryzor

Yeah, that's an obscure bug with copying and pasting where some of the formatting is carried. It's easy to solve though, just hit the "Remove Formatting" icon (it's the next-to-last button with the two "A") to remove sizing...