Screen-games comparisons new page / link to the actual Wiki in the Forum

Started by MacDeath, 10:45, 23 January 17

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDeath

Is this just me ?

I failed to find any link to the Wiki be it in the Forum or in this fancy page inviting us to play Portal.

when I click on the dark pixelised colour 464 with the huge tri-coloured CPCwiki logo on the upper right of my screen, I can access "portal"... but no actual CPCwiki.

This may just be some slight detail but still...

This was a triumph!
I'm making a note here:
Huge success!

It's hard to overstate
my satisfaction.

Aperture Science:
We do what we must
because we can
For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.

AMSDOS

I was asking if it would be possible to have a link back to the Wiki a while ago, but understand that it won't be possible without doing a hack on the existing system, which @Gryzor wasn't prepared to do.

I don't know what happened my post though.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

MacDeath

Ok now I understand...
:-X

anyway I also just made a new page :
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Games_versions_comparisons

not sure if it is ok but I think this could be interesting... perhaps also create a whole category as well but I'm not sure about the uppercase/lower case specs on the titles so please feel free to correct me, remember I am not a native english speaker.

Bryce

Here's a link to the Wiki: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Main_Page   :)

Regarding the game comparison page: The pictures are interesting but completely useless, because they don't tell you what system each screenshot is from.

Bryce.

MacDeath

yeah I need to edit a few of them.
But most of them would indicate the computers/formats actually.

Skunkfish

Hi MacDeath,

Liking the comparison page so far, very cool. And really highlights the great work Titus did with the restrictions of the CPC...

The images appear quite small though, are they in the original resolution?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Gryzor

Yeah, I should probably edit things and add a link to the wiki itself at some point...

@MacDeath , sent you a PM - when creating new pages, there should be links leading to them from other pages so that they don't end up orphaned and buried! :)

MacDeath

ok thx for the info.

one of my concern was that I wasn't sure about the title...

>> do every words need an upper case letter ?
>> is this a good/perfect title for this page ?

>> the aim is to include various things related to visual comparisons between game's versions (including Amstrad CPC/PLUS of course)

= links to sources blogs (the finnish retro blahblah blog, really awesome one with huge and well documented cross-tests... despite Amstrad rarely wins (lol)
= links to youtube channels (8bit wars stuffs) or playlist (could be other providers than youtube as well)

= directly post pictures of comparisons done by CPCwikiers, for this I separated between single game on multiple formats AND  compilations... because I found a few (OCEAN, TITUS, and so on)

I didn't credit the author : some were done by Eric Cubizolle from Pix'n Love, but I'm not even sure actually.

I may spend some time in the future to produce more of those, my main source of screenshots being the great Mobygames website.

any of you may feel free to participate, needless to say.

also I guess the title of this topic could/should be changed as the topic somewhat slided (which is a typical trait of mine)  :laugh:

QuoteLiking the comparison page so far, very cool. And really highlights the great work Titus did with the restrictions of the CPC...
The images appear quite small though, are they in the original resolution?
Well because you can put a lot of those on the same picture, yeah they are in "original resolution" or equivalent (160x200 mode0 being 320x200 and so on)

You may need some zoom thing on your browser and hope it would not become blurry, or copy them into your computer then view them via some adapted thing such as XnView (really nice with good zooms).