News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Forum installation and loss of functionality

Started by Gryzor, 12:08, 20 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Audronic

Quote from: AMSDOS on 09:55, 25 September 16
Safari needs some dodgy extension called Adobe Flashplayer I think.
Thanks for that.
I just updated Flash Player as well.

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Audronic on 11:07, 25 September 16
Thanks for that.
I just updated Flash Player as well.

Ray

Ok, well I used to use Flashplayer when I was using an Older Version of OS X, though I updated to El Capitan (10.11.6) earlier this year. The Safari I'm using is 10.0 and was working fine for me on @Gryzor embedded video without the Flashplayer extension.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Audronic

As your message was coming to me I was Removing the Flash player Preference.
Thanks   Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

EgoTrip

Quote from: Bryce on 10:56, 25 September 16
Why does the guy in that video have his devices so stupidly routed around the wall?

Bryce.

He's an Apple user. Enough said I think.

arnoldemu

Is anyone else still seeing hangs accessing the forum or is it just my internet connection?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

1024MAK

My home network and broadband was busy yesterday, and yesterday although other forums loaded slightly slower than normal, this forum took much, much longer. So much so, that I gave up loading pages during the day.

It's been okay for me today.

Not sure how much this helps...

Mark
Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

Gryzor

A couple of slow downs for me, but nothing nearly quite as bad as before. Couple of times I had to hit F5 and it loaded instantly.

||C|-|E||

No problems at all in my case, although I have just come home after almost one month abroad. However, the last three days it has been perfect :D

Bryce

Test post from Tapatalk...

Bryce.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mini 2 mit Tapatalk

Gryzor

Testing too...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

dragon

Why if i download a file from  a mobile android is marked by the wiki as it was downloaded 2 times?.

¿?.

Example:

Download 1st time from my huawei but it mark two times.

Gryzor

Do you download it through Tapatalk or just the mobile theme?

Gryzor

dragon

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:56, 27 September 16
Do you download it through Tapatalk or just the mobile theme?

I dont have tapatalk,  is mobile with chrome.

Gryzor

Can't confirm, I just downloaded and the counter jumped from 2 to 3.

EgoTrip

I've still been getting lockups and slow loads.

Gryzor

A couple/few of the slowdowns during the past few hours may have been because of me trying some stuff on the server.

However, the reason I've been testing some stuff is because apparently we're under some sort of attack. You can check the list of online users. I took a couple of steps and am waiting to see what happens, by restricting the amount of stuff Guest can do.

Strangely, most of the offending IPs are from.... France! That's certainly weird and it means I can't block them like I'd do with the entire China at server level...

Does anyone know of a tool that does a geolocation conversion of IPs if given a full list? Because at the moment I'm researching each IP manually.

reidrac

Something like this?

https://www.maxmind.com/en/geoip-demo
Bulk IP lookup locator - Enter IP Addresses to find their IP Location
Bulk Lookup Tool - Bulk IP and Domain Lookup Tool - MxToolBox

I'm not sure what are the restrictions.

If you're in a Unix like box:

whois IP | grep "Country"

Is not geoip, but will tell you the owner of the range.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Gryzor

Thanks for the URLs. There are severe limits, but from what I saw it's always USA, FR, UK. Not much I can do about those... argh.

arnoldemu

@Gryzor:

TFM's link to the German CPC Forum didn't work?

See here:

Neue Spiel für den CPC, Vektor dingens...

About the slow down. I know this is just a guess but firefox has http2 enabled. I was seeing slow access to the wiki, but when I disabled that in firefox it was a lot quicker.

So, perhaps cpcwiki host gets some requests for http2, ignores them and this looks like the spamming?
My games. My Games

arnoldemu

@Gryzor:

Strangely now I can't see the "General" section of the forum. I can see German and French sections but not this?
Maybe I am alone on this?

EDIT: Attempting to expand or collapse a section is giving an error :( Only when I'm signed in.
My games. My Games

CraigsBar

Any word from the guys at Tapatalk regarding the blank options? I mean forums, timeline, subscribed, participated. Oh hell everything but unread really?
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Gryzor

Quote from: arnoldemu on 19:31, 27 September 16@Gryzor:TFM's link to the German CPC Forum didn't work?See here:Neue Spiel für den CPC, Vektor dingens...

Ah, that's what happens when you use non-user friendly URLs... All URL parsers have their limits, I'm afraid.

Quote from: arnoldemu on 19:31, 27 September 16

About the slow down. I know this is just a guess but firefox has http2 enabled. I was seeing slow access to the wiki, but when I disabled that in firefox it was a lot quicker.

So, perhaps cpcwiki host gets some requests for http2, ignores them and this looks like the spamming?

Hmmm. I've looked around, seems like FF may have a bug that indeed makes http/2 load slower. However, since we don't use HTTP/2 it shouldn't matter because it's supposed to automatically fall back. If that doesn't happen then probably FF has a more serious bug. But maybe it was a one-off coincidence?

But I don't think this would lead to ghost sessions looking like a bot net trying to find its way in. There are dozens (140 right now) of Guest users browsing Downloads - obviously they found the entry point and are browsing through all the entries trying to do who knows what. Also, traffic is through the roof.

Quote from: arnoldemu on 19:32, 27 September 16
@Gryzor:

Strangely now I can't see the "General" section of the forum. I can see German and French sections but not this?
Maybe I am alone on this?

EDIT: Attempting to expand or collapse a section is giving an error :(  Only when I'm signed in.

PM sent.

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:17, 27 September 16
Any word from the guys at Tapatalk regarding the blank options? I mean forums, timeline, subscribed, participated. Oh hell everything but unread really?

Nope. They did send me a reply with a comment which I don't think has any bearing... wrote them back, still waiting.

Gryzor

Guys, anyone else got the issue that @arnoldemu has with not being able to see/expand the General (or other) categories?