News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Forum installation and loss of functionality

Started by Gryzor, 12:08, 20 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

||C|-|E||

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:18, 28 September 16
Guys, anyone else got the issue that @arnoldemu has with not being able to see/expand the General (or other) categories?

It works in my hands! So no problems here  :)

Gryzor

MaV

I can see the "General section" but klicking on one of the categories "General Category", "Section française", and "Deutsches CPC-Forum" results in an error.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Gryzor

Audronic

The "Expand" is reversed it actually shrinks ? ?
The collapse actually "Expands" ? ?

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Gryzor

What? Where?

Guys, please give me detailed feedback...

Audronic

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Gryzor

I don't even know what #173 is :D and my question still stands, where?

Bryce

Look at any Quote with the Expand / Collapse Tag. The Tag names are reversed: ie: If you click it when it says Expand it collapses and vice versa.

Look at the arnoldemu quote here for example: Forum installation and loss of functionality

Bryce.

Gryzor

Ok, got that; the mod respinsible for multi-quotes and the expand thingy is buggy, so I'm uninstalling it soon...

Gryzor

Ok guys, due to some screw ups with some mods, an in-between SMF update (damn it!) and spammers trying to get in, I reverted to non-modded. Sorry about that, but thanks for all your feedback. I'll start rebuilding tomorrow... *sigh*

MaV

Well, arnoldemu's comment described the error pretty well.

It's working again, now that you reverted to the standard configuration.

Good Luck for the second try! :)
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Bryce

@Gryzor: But it seems to have fixed the Tapatalk login issues!!

Bryce.

PulkoMandy

It fixed my issue with not being able to expand/collapse the sections on the main page too (with the "-" button on the right). My guess is the "recent posts" box was breaking this?

Gryzor

Thanks, guys, and again, apologies. I'm not too sad about the time wasted to tell you the truth because the process and your feedback gave me a cleared idea about some things.

Not finished yet - for instance you'll see that Quick Reply does not work, so there are some left overs to be cleaned.

@MaV : thanks man :)

@Bryce : okay, once again Tapatalk proves how fucked up it is; the TT folder on the server is still there, but the modifications were removed AND the hooks into the system manually verified to have been uninstalled. And yet the TT console reports it works fine, so one has to wonder what does what with their plugin :D :D

@PulkoMandy : indeed it has, it was the first thing I checked. Thanks for confirming :)

Now, if anyone's got any idea about what to do with the bots that have been attacking our forum, I'd be very interested to hear from you. If you take a look at who's online you'll see that there are about 150 Guest entries doing god-knows-what (unknown function; I bet this is them trying to access the downloads that don't exist any more). They obviously keep hitting again and again because our server line is being maxed out...

1024MAK

I presume you have disabled the Guest settings...

Mark
Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

1024MAK

Not that you would want to do this for any length of time, but for the time being, is it possible to only allow the IP's of existing registered users (White list) until the attack subsidies?

Mark

Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

Gryzor

Disable which Guest settings?

As for whitelisting, not very practical - I'd have to do a report of last IPs used (no way to do it easily) and then firewall it like that, plus users do change IPs etc etc... :(

remax

Didn't read the whole thread, but is it known that the "unread" link appears on my notebook (Android/Chrome) but not on my desktop (Windows 7) ?

EDIT : OK found it, but now i need two clicks instead of one to access the full list of unread topics. Not a big deal.

But the difference of behaviour is still puzzling.
Brain Radioactivity

Gryzor

Yes, that'll be fixed, it's in the first pages of the thread :)

Gryzor

TFM

Hi @Gryzor :  I really appreciate you effort to make to forum better and update things and so on.
However after a month of hard work it seems like the most best functions are gone, like "Replies" or "Unread".

Maybe it's just time to forget about all that new fancy crap and get an old copy of the system out, which did actually work.

That's just an suggestion. Good luck with all this stuff.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

tastefulmrship

arnoldemu

Quote from: TFM on 17:51, 28 September 16
Maybe it's just time to forget about all that new fancy crap and get an old copy of the system out, which did actually work.
I think the idea is to have a new version of the forum so it is better protected from hacks and things like that.

I don't think it went as smoothly as Gryzor hoped it would. :(

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

arnoldemu

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource