News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Problems with wiki editing?

Started by Gryzor, 18:00, 27 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hello guys,
Could you try modifying any page in the wiki and tell me if it lets you do it?
Thanks
T

Morn

Gryzor

Well, it might be that some users may need to revalidate their email address - thanks to CPCler for finding that out...

Morn

Any word from Nurgle about the umlaut issue? It's about two weeks now I think, time to get this fixed.

nurgle

Quote from: Morn on 18:57, 27 August 11
Any word from Nurgle about the umlaut issue? It's about two weeks now I think, time to get this fixed.

I know and I am sorry. Real life kicked in and when working on the wiki I concentrated on getting backups running again. (Thanks Gryzor, for pulling it to the other server). I do have some more clues on the issue. I do not think it is database related since the umlaute pages work from a mobile browser (got an android emulator runnig). I will use wireshark to sniff http and find out what the difference is. Probably some obscure locale setting on the server that I did not find yet. And yes, I already tried a few settings in php.ini, but none of it helped so far.

Gryzor

Nurgle beat me to it; hey Morn, take it easy man :D It's not like we don't have families to care for (well, *I* don't, but anyhoo)

Andreas, don't rule out the db explanation yet. It *may* be triggered differently by different browsers*, but maybe if the encoding is uniform then all headers will result in the same output. Just saying.

*don't the access logs show those info? Do you really need a packet sniffer?

PS Backups are running fine again. Got some cron-related issues (quite obscure... it has never failed on me before), but it works manually so all's ok and the project is 100% safe once again :)

Morn

Quote from: nurgle on 19:02, 27 August 11
I do not think it is database related since the umlaute pages work from a mobile browser (got an android emulator runnig).

Perhaps then you should use the mobile browser and move affected pages to a non-Umlaut name. 9 German book articles seem to be affected (if I counted them right on the book list), so if the underlying issue is that hard to fix I would think it better to just go for a quick fix. Then I won't bug you constantly about the bug.  :D

Gryzor

This will be the last resort (what a fantastic Dreamcast shmup...) (oops, sorry, that's an arcade title. My fav DC shmup is Under Defeat. But I digress) if we can't fix the problem, because it's not a solution but a shortcult...

TFM

Guys! You do a wonderful job in keeping the Wiki running. I can't even imagine how much much time you invest in this. And you all have family & real life! It can't be appreciated too much what you do for the community!!!

EDIT: Since I got some interrestin Shumps...

Quote from: Gryzor on 22:25, 27 August 11
... My fav DC shmup is Under Defeat. ...

OMG! This game is perfect! The 3D is unbeliveable! WoW!!!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SyX

Gryzor

Damn, Border Down is very difficult, beyond enjoyable. Whereas I enjoy Under Defeat because it's extremely well-polished, the 3D effects are indeed great as TFM said (the explosions alone are the best on the DC) and it's easy enough to let you progress... But no accounting for taste, of course, I can see why a hardcore shmup gamer would shun it, maybe.