News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Mails from cpcwiki not arriving

Started by AugustoRuiz, 15:26, 12 March 18

Previous topic - Next topic

AugustoRuiz

Hello,

A forum user reports me that password recovery is not working, and also confirmation email for new users is not working.

Could you please check whether the forum having troubles sending emails to users?

Thank you in advance,

Augusto

robcfg

By any chance is that user using a hotmail account?

On Zona De Pruebas, we have many problems because they seem to be blocked if they come from hotmail.com.

AugustoRuiz

The user has a Hotmail account, he tried registering again with a Gmail account but didn't receive the activation mail either...

DanyPPC

Checked the "spam" folder of his email server ?
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

AugustoRuiz

mr_lou

I haven't received any mails when forum threads has been replied either, for a while now.

gerald

Last I received was March 5 .

VincentGR

Realized this yesterday, also when I logged in I saw old threads as new in the "Unread" section.
Gmail account.

Nich

I received a private message this afternoon, but I didn't receive an e-mail notification like I normally do - and I checked my junk e-mail folder.

Audronic

I also am not receiving notifications ?

Thanks   Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

VincentGR

Quote from: Audronic on 01:16, 14 March 18
I also am not receiving notifications ?

Thanks   Ray

Same here.

VincentGR

Gryzor

Everybody got their backlog? :D :D

Sorry about that. I had noticed (and thanks to @VincentGR for nudging me!), but didn't have the time to fix it.

For the heck of it: It's a weird bug I've had before, so I knew how to fix it but had to look up the specifics of our mail server and the forum specs. It probably has to do with LastPass' autofill - if I visit the email settings page, it will autofill (and save!?!) older email details, so the server stops communicating with the external email service.

When that had first happened it took me days to understand where the problem lay, thankfully now it only took me five minutes but I just couldn't cope with my real-life workload and do it...

Apologies!

AugustoRuiz

Audronic

Thanks

78 Notifications arrived   WOW.
Thanks for your good work.

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Gryzor

Yeah, I had to throttle the queue processing for the forum not to crash :D

AMSDOS

I haven't received anything on here or email, which maybe due to the recipient not receiving or sending feedback  :'(

(I'm also using hotmail/outlook as well as Yahoo)
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3