News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Shoutbox

Started by MacDeath, 02:59, 03 November 12

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDeath

Sorry but is it possible to get the shoutbox with an option to get it bigger ?

Even when put into a pop up window, I can't find any way to get it displaying more than 5 lines at the time...

Would be cool if it could be growth the way we can at the full post edition window.
I understand it is a small detail that may need a heavier load of work than i would think, perhaps.

Thx if someone can answer.

Devilmarkus

I'd say, thats impossible, because many files were modded when installing the shoutbox.
To find the proper file now, which contains the frame size, would be hard...

But perhaps Gryzor remembers it ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

I can make it bigger, but not let users customise it I'm afraid. So if I do it could be big for others, that's why I kept it narrow on purpose...

If others say they want it taller, though, I can do it.

MacDeath

ok, thx for the answers.

Yes, "taller" was the word I was looking for.
It can be "removed" (shrinked with the "-" button) so perhaps having two size settings could be practical, like 5 lines or 10 lines.

But as I told, it can take too much of you time to do it so nevermind unless the idea is popular.

TFM

Well, what's about keeping a big shoutbox behind a SPOILER, only if this is doable?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Well, the shoutbox section is collapsible (check the minus sign top right), but I doubt many realise that...

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:33, 04 November 12
Well, the shoutbox section is collapsible (check the minus sign top right), but I doubt many realise that...

I picked up on this earlier when I noticed all the collapsable things.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

See? Not many know about the functionality :)

MacDeath

Then why not a "PLUS" button too... ::)

Nice to see this thread was usefull after all. ;)
Now you know how to remove the shoutbox.

Bryce

There is a Plus button. As soon as you colapse the Shoutbox it's visible :D

Bryce.

MacDeath

then an "even more" button.. :P

Gryzor

*sigh* Sometimes I really wonder if it's worth the trouble of adding and tuning things here, people seem to not pay any attention at all (but of course if I pull some feature down the road there'll be screaming).

Like, anyone noticed we now have a "Similar topics" section when you create a new post or under the one you're reading?

Bryce

Yes! Me! Me! I noticed it! Do I win something for that?

Bryce.

Gryzor

Well, you didn't say anything, did you?

Ok, you win your choice of: 
-an order for your next board (nothing new here) or
-free beer when you visit Athens.

Take your pick!

MaV

Well, I knew of the collapse buttons for a long time, and I also did notice the similar topics section.

I'm not the vociferous type, however, except in times when the administrator loses hope. ;)
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Gryzor

Heh :D

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm like that myself - I rarely see the point in voicing my opinion if something just fine and works, I usually reserve my opinion for things I find bad.

But, in this case, no trumpets needed, just a small acknowledgment is valuable because I need to know what users like. If noone comments on the Similar Topics section, for instance, I won't be updating it now, will I?

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:54, 06 November 12
Well, you didn't say anything, did you?

Ok, you win your choice of:
-an order for your next board (nothing new here) or
-free beer when you visit Athens.

Take your pick!

I have just printed the above post and I will be clenching it in my "Beer lifting fist" next time I come over :)

Bryce.

Gryzor

So beer it is, I guess. Do remember to bring it along, though.

PS Btw, can you find my last post that had beer in it? Let's test your observation skills!

Bryce

I thought all of your posts involved beer (or alcohol of some sort) :D

Bryce.

P.s. your last beer reference was probably the one you made in the Turrican thread to beaker during the summer.

Gryzor

Nahhhh look again - actually I thought you'd have Liked the post just because of that one thing :D

Bryce

So much for your Similar thread feature. I doesn't list any threads where beer was mentioned :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

Well it probably does, but can't do photo recon as yet, I admit that!

Bryce

Beer smileys/pictures don't count.

Bryce.

Gryzor

It was an easter egg. 

...ok, check my photo in the LowerRom thread.

Bryce

That doesn't count, otherwise I Gu[nb]inn[/nb]ess that anyone could claim they had mentioned beer in their post :)

Bryce.