Technical information about Locomotive BASIC -- some issues in the wiki page

Started by krusty_benediction, 20:31, 27 January 19

Previous topic - Next topic

krusty_benediction

Hello,
I have to programmatically generate basic tokens, and the page http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Technical_information_about_Locomotive_BASIC provides interesting information about them.
However, there are some errors and unclear information.Is it possible that someone who masters these points make a review and update the page ?
For example:- there are  items saying they refer to a token without explictely saying which token is it about (after the RSX section for example)
- This sentence "This token identifies a integer (16-bit) number. The two bytes following this token is the number, stored low byte then high byte. e.g. &19,&2d,&00 represents the integer number "&002d"="45"." is contradictory with the table that states that 0x19 represents a 8bit value
- The presentation of the variables is not consistent depending on their type (but I think it is more a layout issue, the content seems to be present)

Thanks.

Gryzor

Docent

Quote from: krusty_benediction on 20:31, 27 January 19
Hello,
I have to programmatically generate basic tokens, and the page http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Technical_information_about_Locomotive_BASIC provides interesting information about them.
However, there are some errors and unclear information.Is it possible that someone who masters these points make a review and update the page ?
For example:- there are  items saying they refer to a token without explictely saying which token is it about (after the RSX section for example)
- This sentence "This token identifies a integer (16-bit) number. The two bytes following this token is the number, stored low byte then high byte. e.g. &19,&2d,&00 represents the integer
number "&002d"="45"." is contradictory with the table that states that 0x19 represents a 8bit value
Looking at basic 1.1 source code, it seems that the example should contain &1a for 16 bit values.
btw: on the wiki,  token &b5 should be ON SQ and not SQ, as it is prefixed opcode &17.