News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Testing YouTube embedding

Started by Gryzor, 12:49, 18 February 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Gryzor

IT EFFIN' WORKS!!!!!!!

VincentGR

DAMN!!!
Now I must watch it again  :picard:
I love the computer and his voice hypnotizes me so it's a killer combo that I can't avoid.

Gryzor

Hahaha yeah, it's a nice vid.

robcfg

Good to see that we have that board already scanned...  ;D

Great work making the video embedding work again!

Zoe Robinson

Quote from: VincentGR on 14:02, 18 February 16
his voice hypnotizes me

He's using what's usually referred to as "YouTube Voice", a way of speaking that's designed specifically to make people listen to you.

Personally, I find it really, really annoying because it's harder to decipher when you're deaf but most really popular YouTube presenters use this speaking style, so it must work.

The Linguistic Tricks of YouTube Stars - The Atlantic has more information, if you're interested.

Oh and thanks for getting embedding working again Gryzor, it's really appreciated! :D

VincentGR

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 14:59, 18 February 16
He's using what's usually referred to as "YouTube Voice", a way of speaking that's designed specifically to make people listen to you.

Personally, I find it really, really annoying because it's harder to decipher when you're deaf but most really popular YouTube presenters use this speaking style, so it must work.

The Linguistic Tricks of YouTube Stars - The Atlantic has more information, if you're interested.

Oh and thanks for getting embedding working again Gryzor, it's really appreciated! :D

Oh thanks for the info  :) but believe me you don't want to hear me talking english even with that lessons  ;D

Executioner

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 14:59, 18 February 16

He's using what I refer to as a Yankee voice which is specifically designed to make me not want to watch it ever again :) "61" "28" .... Zee 80 arrrrrrrgh!!!

Bryce

Yes, what an annoying voice. After about 90 seconds my brain only hears "Waaa Waaa Waaa" and I have to turn it off.

Bryce.

VincentGR

You must hear these vids with a banjo.
Try moonshine racers intro.

Bryce

I'll give that a go, I've been using "The yellow rose of Texas" up to now. :D

Bryce.