News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Time limitation on search requests on forum

Started by PulkoMandy, 19:37, 23 January 16

Previous topic - Next topic

PulkoMandy

I made a search on the forum today. And of course, I made a typo in my search string.
I found "no results", of course, so I fixed the typo and hit search again. I got this message:

Your last search was less than 5 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Is there a reason for it and can the delay be shortened a bit? Or am I just too fast?

mr_lou

I've tried this a ton of times too.

If this limitation could be remove in cases where there were no search results, it would be really nice.

TFM

Quote from: PulkoMandy on 19:37, 23 January 16
I made a search on the forum today. And of course, I made a typo in my search string.
I found "no results", of course, so I fixed the typo and hit search again. I got this message:

Is there a reason for it and can the delay be shortened a bit? Or am I just too fast?

Tedious, isn't it? And 30 seconds are 30.000.000 NOPs!  :o [nb]5 sec would be imho more than enough[/nb]
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Hm, you know, I never understood that limitation in various fora I visit... never occurred to me we have that, too :D That said, 5 seconds was very liberal compared to other sites, but I removed the limit nonetheless.

Munchausen

I find the search functionality built in to the forum to be not so good anyway, and generally just use google with site:cpcwiki.eu/forum

Gryzor

Quote from: Munchausen on 07:09, 25 January 16
I find the search functionality built in to the forum to be not so good anyway, and generally just use google with site:cpcwiki.eu/forum

It became qui e better last time this was brought up and I changed the indexing sizes/methods...

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:22, 25 January 16

It became qui e better last time this was brought up and I changed the indexing sizes/methods...

Bu   hen someone s ar ed s ealing our "T"s !!!  :o

Bryce.

Gryzor

I'm saving i for my signing-off.

T.