News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Top 30 Stats

Started by Trebmint, 20:32, 04 March 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Trebmint

Can I just say I really don't like this top 30 stats thats appeared at the top of the wiki. Possibly at the bottom of the page, but the first thing I see! I just want to pop on and see anything new threads or messages at a glance, but now I have to scroll down. TBH I dont really like the shoutbox for the same reason as it just takes up screen space and it just seems like a random chat so rarely used it means very little.

1024MAK

This is a Shoutbox entry from me:-
Quote from: me1024MAK [27|Feb 03:28 PM]:   I was just about to say "WHAT!" Stats? Why there? Better at the bottom of the page IMHO.
Mark
Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

Trebmint

Glad somebody agrees. My main issue with the shoutbox is that its really hard to understand from the 5 lines shown to have an idea what the subject people are talking about.

EgoTrip

The shout box is fine but the stats are annoying. You can get rid of them by clicking on the Recent Forum Topics link but I usually click the Home button.

AMSDOS

The Shoutbox doesn't seem to be an issue for me from my iPhone, but the Top 30 Stats doesn't look good from a phone device.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

seanb

They look a mess on my phone but as I simply have to scroll down it isn't that much of an issue other than being an eyesore.

At the bottom would be preferable
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

MacDeath

Well... I need 200 more posts to gain one place and screw devilmarkus into oblivion... dammit...
(I'll got you next time, DevilMarkus !!!!)

This looks like "NSA most wanted" lists...

or perhaps top ten fanboyz with nothing else to do list..
:'(
Or commodorks/Sprectumists top hated enemies list...

I don't feel safe to see me there.... It reminds me I still don't have a girlfriend at the moment.
???

yeay, would be better on the bottom of page indeed.

Hey Gryzz... you'd better steal the upcomm smileys to Ast's forum indeed...
;D

yes, would be great if shoutbox (or post edition panel) could be re-sized into somewhat bigger... or is it just because I use the  NSA approved Chrome ?

Hard to follow the thrash metal topic in the shoutbox...
Also when do we have a 4chan like image board that can be used by a real CPC ? where are the card, the software and the server ?

Or some chatroulette in 320x100x mode2...

Shaun M. Neary

Gotta agree here. Top 30 list isn't doing it for me. If there was an option to permanently minimise it, it wouldn't be so bad, but it keeps coming back up every time a new page is open.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

seanb

A top 10 hate list for commodore/spectrum users  :laugh:

That alone is worth keeping it
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Gryzor

Thanks for the feedback guys! (it wouldn't hurt tagging my username ;) ).

I have now removed the Top Stats.

Also, the Shoutbox can be minimised, hasn't anyone noticed this?