News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

TotO screens

Started by TotO, 19:35, 15 November 11

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

If a day, I lose my works... All will stay here for crying! :D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

tastefulmrship

Do you have an overscanned splash-screen for your R-Type CPC conversion?
(Like the Castlevania screen. Lovely stuff!)

TotO

Yep. I'll add it later. ;)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

fano

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 21:45, 15 November 11
Do you have an overscanned splash-screen for your R-Type CPC conversion?
(Like the Castlevania screen. Lovely stuff!)

Big enough ?  ;D

"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

TotO

I have thought to this picture when I have answered... lol

MacDeath

What a show off... ;D

So, which project will go Vaporeware the first : BB4CPC or R-Type128 ?

QuoteBig enough ?
nice stamp.

TotO

QuoteSo, which project will go Vaporeware the first : BB4CPC or R-Type128 ?
Hum... Jim va-Power?  :-*

remax

Brain Radioactivity

TotO

Hey! Listen!

TotO

Some peoples said me to not understand this screen... So, here the uncut version.

It's a warthful Link exasperated by this f*cking Navy!
The goal was to done a no-flashy picture with the CPC palette, using lightning and transparency too.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Hey! Listen!

MacDeath

You can't argue with an Elf...

TotO

Not really a screen, but... A 16 colors giant wink to the lovely demo ever made on CPC.

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 19:35, 15 November 11
If a day, I lose my works... All will stay here for crying! :D

I have a question. I'm not soo much into GFX, so it's just a question. When looking at the Zynaps and Vampire pirctures, then you can see that vertical bars all over both pictures. So.. is this due to the conversion from a PC screen? I'm just curious, because these bars remember me about scanning pictures with hand scanners or similar devices. But I guess you did use conversion rather that scanning?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

Vertical lines are the result of a linear dither filling.
The strange thing is that when I used random filling method, another people (Ghost) said me the same.
And I agree, it's too much visible on the Vampire Killer picture. I may have to rework the sky.
Thanks.

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 22:03, 04 January 12
Vertical lines are the result of a linear dither filling.
The strange thing is that when I used random filling method, another people (Ghost) said me the same.
And I agree, it's too much visible on the Vampire Killer picture. I may have to rework the sky.
Thanks.

Thank's for the information. Now I see how it's done. All the pitctures are - no doubt - very beautiful. And I guess we all agree, it's a pity we missed them in the old days.
Sure, I agree, it's always a good thing to overwork screens on a real CPC. The real CTM has that "hardware antializing" thing, well... some would just call it "less sharpness", but I like this effect, it just makes pictues more beautiful and even allow you to work with pixel shoddows. But you know that better than me. ;)  Looking forward to new screens  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

Yes, on a real CTM pictures look better. :)
But, I have to find a better way to fill gradients... Random look "scan noisy" and Linead look "scan lousy" :D

Stay tunned!!!

TFM

That's all better than to use "Scan lousy"  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

The Batman pic is amazing. I could hang it on my wall...

TotO

Or on 3x2 overscan CTM  ???

TotO

An old screen... Better to see it on DSK. (code by demoniak)

TotO

J'avais pourtant dit que je l'ajouterais une fois le jeu dispo...  :-X
(Sorry... I had said that I will add it once the game will be available)

arnoldemu

Quote from: TotO on 13:55, 17 September 12
J'avais pourtant dit que je l'ajouterais une fois le jeu dispo...  :-X
r-type 2 for cpc? plz  ;D
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TotO

Quote from: arnoldemu on 14:10, 17 September 12
r-type 2 for cpc? plz  ;D
Do you see the R-Type 2 tribute stage? :D

TotO

The Pac-Man emulator loading screen. (mode 1 this time)

TotO

I forget this old one...