News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Wiki search box

Started by steve, 01:12, 20 October 14

Previous topic - Next topic

steve

Is it possible to have a search box for the wiki on the forum front page?
If people have a question, it might make it easier for them to search the wiki and then the forum for an answer before starting a new thread.
Placing the search box(es) right above the "new topic" button could act as a hint to do a search before starting a new thread.

To make the wiki more obvious, is it possible to have a split screen with the wiki in one part and the forum in the other?

Bryce

?? Both the Forum and the Wiki have search.

Bryce.

steve

Yes, but you have to go to the wiki to use its search box, I doubt new visitors even know that there is a wiki, so having its search box on the forum front page both advertises the wiki and makes it hard to miss.

Bryce

Ok, but searching a site that you don't even know exists would also create confusion. A well visible link to the Wiki main page would make more sense I think.

Bryce.

steve

There is a link on the top menu, but it does not really stand out, we used to be able to click on the cpc wiki logo and go to the wiki but that functionality has been removed.
Maybe there could be a large and colourful banner saying something like "Check out our wiki, everything you ever wanted to know about the CPC, click here".

Ygdrazil

Why not have both :-o

I do agree that the wiki should be more visible  :D

/Ygdrazil