News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

METEORIKS awards 2018 : and the nominees are...

Started by MacDeath, 23:45, 21 March 18

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDeath

The METEORIKS 2018 nominees list was recently released.

https://2018.meteoriks.org/nominees

Meteoriks awards are the following award of the previously Scene.org awards that awarded a lot the Batman begins demo in 2011.
Meteoriks award celebrate the Demoscene and rewards notoriously interesting prods from previous years.

It is to notice that the 30 Years Amstrad Megademo was also nominee in Meteoriks 2017.

Award is celebrated during Revision party.

>> OUTSTANDING TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENT :
Logon's run - 3D meets the aging bits

By Overflow from Logon System
Amstrad CPC6128 Demo.

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Logon%27s_run_-_3D_meets_the_aging_bits

>> BEST LOW-END PRODUCTION :
CRTC³

By Roudoudou from flower corps.
Amstrad 6128PLUS Demo.

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/CRTC%C2%B3

Of course Overdrive2 by titan on Megadrive may well rape all the contest, and in general competition is quite rude to win such award.

But let's encourage our fellow Amstradists and hope for them.

Even to be nominee is nice and means you did a terrific job and this give some nice well deserved visibility to amstrad retroscene in general.

:)

MacDeath

Ok, Titan won against the Amstrad prods.

Was somewhat expected.

Good point : the man on stage spent his time to talk about Logon's Run and why it should have won, which was a dead giveaway it didn't win but should had.

I guess some obscure political diktat occured in the background, another French bashing and Amstrad Bashing if you want my opinion.
;D

Jokes apart, still congratulations to nominees and winners.

Nice to had 2 nominees from the Amstrad scene.

MaV

Quote from: MacDeath on 20:24, 30 March 18another French bashing and Amstrad Bashing if you want my opinion. ;D
Yes, you used a smiley, but still that can't be true in the slightest.

The second place is well deserved, but I'm still of the same opinion that 16-bit 68k should not be able to compete with 8-bit computers. Moreover this Megadrive has been modded. Perhaps it's time to go beyond the basic machines and use mods on the CPC as well?

The 4th place of 3D meets the aging bits is an affront and I demand satisfaction from the Meteoriks voters! /me pulls out the leather gloves and slaps them in the face.

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

MacDeath

Of course it is not true.
;D

and yeah it can be quite strange to have a somewhat souped up SegaMD against Atari2600 and so on.

This year's Revision Oldskool somewhat only had 8bit systems and the 2 Amstrad entries were pretty good...
Would be a shame no amstrad prod can make it to the podium and I don't think this will happen, may even have the 2 prods in the top 3 (would be great).

Concerning mods, some 512ko cartridge on Amstrad6128PLUS is some sort of a mod already, well it is maxing the commercial specs.
But Revision2018 Amstrad prods proved good old CPC still has potential to amaze.

roudoudou

Quote from: MacDeath on 15:56, 01 April 18
But Revision2018 Amstrad prods proved good old CPC still has potential to amaze.

phX won't run on a regular 3' floppy cause the demo size is 800ko, moar than a cartridge ;)

So you can't say it is a demo for a stock machine

Anyway, that was daaaammmnnn  goooooooooooood  ;D
My pronouns are RASM and ACE