News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

NQ!-Music Disc

Started by Shining, 16:13, 29 January 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Shining

After releasing Pentomino last year, I got many feedback of people who liked the music. And as a big ay-chiptune fan and also a big fan of n1k-o, who is the composer of the Pentomino-music, I decided to do a music-disc, featuring only songs from him.
After getting the permission from n1k-o, the music-disc finally plays 26 songs, choosen by me. Cause of the very crooked different frequency of the ay in the sinclair (where all the tunes come from), they sound not always the same on our Amstrad and many of them, I had to fine-tune. Some, which I wanted to use, were nearly impossible to convert, so the choosen-ones are not the 26 best, in my opinion, but the 26 best, I could get up and running on CPC.

Since I joined forces with HAL6128 again, the great gfx was completely made by him. As only playing the songs is a little bit boring, and I wanted to play around a little bit with the crtc and the plus, I implemented the CRTC-register 3 equalizer (I think this will not work on TFT but on original monitors. Also the picture in Winape shakes a little bit, in JavaCPC it's ok.).
The pictures use 32k-Overscan and because I wanted to be compatible with 64kB, I have to reload some stuff, to arrange everything in the memory. But when you use the cartridge version or something like the M4, this doesn't matter at all.
As mentioned above, I wanted to play around with plus-sprites, so the demo detects if it is running on a plus and then enables (randomised) one of 4 different note-movements. 3 of them use 14 multiplexed plus sprites at the same time, so that you can see 28 notes on screen.

Keys:
Space, Fire or Cursor/Joy1 right: next song
Cursor/Joy1 left: previous song
P: disables notes for current song on plus
UP: speeds-up the movement of the notes on plus
DOWN: slows the movement of the notes down

Compatibility:
Should be run on any CPC or Plus including GX4000.

Download, as always at: cpc.scifinet.org

Hope, you have fun,
Shining
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

SRS

Very nice ! I love the gfx, too !

robcfg

I downloaded it on my Mac, uncompressed it, sent it via wifi to my M4 and run it on my 6128.

A-MA-ZING!

Very nice intro, backgrounds and music! Well done!

Kris

The creep song is quite nice  ;)

villain

Someone should upload it on pouet... Hope to get a chance to take a look at the next weekend...

Shining

Quote from: villain on 22:02, 29 January 18
Someone should upload it on pouet...

Done. Also added my other productions there...

@Kris: Yes, that was also one of my favorites.
TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org

GUNHED

Great work! Thanks a lot!  :) :) :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Gryzor

Just watched this, cool tunes, great fx and excellent screens! Thanks :)

Skunkfish

Quote from: Shining on 16:13, 29 January 18
as a big ay-chiptune fan and also a big fan of n1k-o, who is the composer of the Pentomino-music...

I thought that MmcM was the composer of the Pentomino music? Or are they the same person? *confused*  ???
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Shining

You are right. Pentomino-Music was done by MmcM.

But I also like the tunes from n1k-o (who did the Bad Arnold/Bad Apple tunes in my Bad Arnold Demo), so I wanted to dedicate a music disk to him.
TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org