News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

One Screen Colonies bugs

Started by Optimus, 09:39, 22 April 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimus

One Screen Colonies bugs

I got the chance to watch the Revision demos on my real CPC.
I noticed some strange bugs in One Screen Colonies.

There are black seams between the vertical splits. Is this normal?

Also, in the last part, there is a jump at the logo (no photo here, should get video)

I am almost certain this CPC was CRTC0 else it's 1.

What goes?

p.s. Are there plans to release technical write of what does this demo involve? I understand variable vertical splits inside the screen is not seen before on CPC and I assume it might be really advanced to do, but I wonder also about the second part, how the 3D scroll was done and what kind of hard tricks are there that with my limited CPC hard knowledge I can't deduce.

arnoldemu

Yes because you have a type 0.

The black lines are border. On type 0 there is half char border at end of line and one screen colonies is splitting mid-line.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

roudoudou

What is great with this intro is the very same border occurs is the next part, but hidden by the background patern  8)
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

MacDeath

may be a feature, not a bug.

Optimus

Quote from: roudoudou on 21:06, 22 April 18
What is great with this intro is the very same border occurs is the next part, but hidden by the background patern  8)

Mind Blown!

You know, those are the things I don't realize, but CPCists deep in CRTC sorcery might do. To me (and most people outside CPC) that would look like yet another scroller part, with the exception of the 3D fonts effect (which if I understand now, is helped by the fact there is a split every character?) that was the wow effect for me.