News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Search Demo with this tune

Started by grouik1er, 22:41, 07 March 18

Previous topic - Next topic

BSC

I am adding a list of corrections, just in case someone would like to know actually made those tunes.

Arcane - BSC
Commando - WEEE!
CPCT tune (interesting name :D ) - BSC
A flight - BSC
State of the art - BSC
Enigma - BSC
Hyper pig - BSC
Electric - BSC & WEEE!
Delta - BSC
Trantor, the last stormtrooper (this one is especially funny :-D) - David Whittaker (according to cpc-power.com)
Megaparty Demo 2 - BZYK (I guess, at least some ZX Spectrum guy)
Megaparty Demo 3 - BSC
Megaparty Demo 5 - BSC
Megaparty Demo 6 - BSC & WEEE!
(the numbering is wrong here, it's actually 7 "Megaparty Demo" tune, not just 6)

Anyone notice a pattern..?

yeah, I know, mostly covers. But still not made by Kangaroo.
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Gryzor

Oh! When you said "half the videos" you weren't exaggerating, quite the opposite actually...

Yeah, that sucks indeed.

PS Trantor - loved that tune, I guess long before Kangaroo composed it :D

ASiC

Also the emulator used to record them sucks sooo bad!

This video should be shot in the face and taken down!

tastefulmrship

I was always told that Weee's version of Rob Hubbard's conversion of COMMANDO (IN GAME TUNE) was the best on Amstrad! Personally, I still prefer Kangaroo's version even though Weee's is as close to the original SID version as a single AY chip could get! (BSC's SID-sound tracker and plAYcity could get closer, I guess! But they weren't available back in the day! ^_^)

It's all down to personal taste, after all! I prefer the clean, metallic sound of the AY chip to the harsh sound of the SID (at least as I remember it through my cousin's 80s TV, anyway... modern emulators do make the SID sound quite lovely! ^_^)

BSC

by the way (don't know if that was posted somewhere around here already)

https://soundcloud.com/vincent-gr-230511637/paula-ay-captain-space-debris-amstrad-amiga

Sounds a bit harsh here and there but I like the idea a lot.
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

VincentGR

BSC

I sent a takedown request to youtube, because I am really annoyed by the fact that more than 50% of the tunes are incorrectly attributed to Kangaroo AND there's no way to tell the uploader so.
I would greatly apprectiate any of you guys would be willing to confirm my claims if YT asks for something like that.

Gryzor

That's a good idea, probably... can you share what you wrote?

BSC

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:55, 30 June 18
That's a good idea, probably... can you share what you wrote?

That was quick.. Youtube has removed the video!

I mainly said what I also said here: That most of the tunes in the video were incorrectly attributed to Kangaroo and that I have made many of them.
It's a pity that it could not be done differently, though.

But there's still plenty of CPC music on youtube :)

Ast

Space Debris is, in my mind, the best song ever written on cpc.. Bsc and Soundtrakker for ever ! (And captain too, for the original song!)

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

Gryzor

RolandRadio

Quote from: Manwe on 20:44, 04 April 18
Hi there!
Can anybody remember flying 3D vector figures demo with Johann Strauss waltz? I saw it in 1990 on Schneider CPC.

Elite. Game not demo

https://rolandradio.net/about-us/jingles-jingles-jingles/

Welcome to RolandRadio.net We are playing the finest Amstrad CPC music 24 hours a day, seven days a week. AY around the clock. For your pleasure.