News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
T

WIP: Now That's What I Call Chip Tunes (WinAPE)

Started by tastefulmrship, 11:10, 29 June 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseman

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 20:57, 03 October 16
To be honest, I would do, but there is too much negativity here...

THIS is just something that i feel time to time with some people around here... and other forums in the past...

What's goin' on with them? what they want from the people that makes stuff on CPC? Are they ever be satisfied with something??

I'm just tired of some people bashing on CPC coders, graphicians, composers that for me are gods on the cpc, we just only be thankful for them... People like Prodatron, Syx, Mauricio, Rhino, Toto, Duke, you and a large etc... it's impossible to say any negative things on your productions.

For the sake of god, i saw people critizicing Symbos in the past, Prodatron deservers a nobel prize on computing!.

It makes me think that is only envy, some people tends to envy others, instead of try to be better coders, graphicians or composers... they only can envy other people.

And, besides criticizing now i noticed lately some kind of new trolling... There is people that under reviewing games on different systems (youtube videos), seems to tend trolling on the CPC Side... I see no reason, games crearly superior on the Amstrad side... they don't see it (or don't want to) arguing silly things...

I just don't understand... really, and i don't try to understand them anyway... I know that this type of people exist, we have to put up with while carry on with our lives...

VincentGR

Quote from: Joseman on 23:03, 03 October 16
And, besides criticizing now i noticed lately some kind of new trolling... There is people that under reviewing games on different systems (youtube videos), seems to tend trolling on the CPC Side...

That is true and most of them belong to the console era.
They believe that everything should play as metroid, mario and sound like zelda. Oh and it MUST have two joy buttons.
So their judgement stands only with what they grew up with, don't pay attention to them. It's like talking about something that they never saw.

And yes, you can't judge a person who gives something for free to a dead machine nowadays.

dlfrsilver

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 20:57, 03 October 16
To be honest, I would do, but there is too much negativity here; which (for reasons completely unknown to me) seem to be directed at me! Also, I happen to like the Amstrad GOLDEN AXE music... I doubt I would add that much to it by adding hardENV to the bassline.
McKlain is doing the music for the PINBALL DREAMS release. He has done wonders, as ever!

negativity ? who did that ? and who can be negative against you ? Your musics are awesome ! I would never had thought that the CPC could play so faithfull rendition of C64 tunes !

Quote----------------------------------------------------

So... once again, something that brings me a little happiness is being undermined by the arrogant, elitist few! Instead of letting people do what they want, some people here have to criticise other people's releases (games, demos, graphics, music.) First it was my "recolours", then the game ROMS, now my music. What's the point in carrying on anymore?

I'm running thru this forum, i don't see who is doing badly about you .......

QuoteI wasn't going to release this one here, but this is the first time my "raster colours" work on CPCE! And, it seems like a good way to sign off another thread! Ciao!

QuoteAttached is the TARGET RENEGADE C64 title music. Enjoy, if you want to!

Thanks a lot again for this one !!!

dlfrsilver

Your new Target renegade Title music is awesome, it's almost the c64 tune perfect ! And that's so cool to hear !!

And nice raster colors under CPCE :)

Thanks a lot !

tastefulmrship

Quote from: dlfrsilver on 22:11, 07 October 16
I'm running thru this forum, i don't see who is doing badly about you .......
Just look through the pages of "The Hall Of Shame" to see what has been said and by whom. You'll see that that whole section of the forum is pretty much dominated by one forum member. For years, that forum member has gotten away with derailing threads, undermining people's contributions and generally trolling anyone who has an opinion that contradicts theirs.

I have about 600 converted tunes now, in total, but have no intention of uploading them anywhere on the internet. Instead, I'm going to enjoy them in AYEmul in peace... away from the arrogant elitists that troll this forum!

Quote from: dlfrsilver on 22:19, 07 October 16And nice raster colors under CPCE :)
Thanks. It means the image on CPC-Power (if uploaded, of course) might actually look the same as it does on my CTM-644! ^_^

(EDIT: Editing posts seem to change the font size to super-small! Weird!)

Joseman

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 10:27, 09 October 16
I have about 600 converted tunes now, in total, but have no intention of uploading them anywhere on the internet. Instead, I'm going to enjoy them in AYEmul in peace... away from the arrogant elitists that troll this forum!

What's the point of doing this? you let some people (one or two) bother you and let the rest of cpc fans (hundreds) without your wonderful tunes?

other people gets some negativity about a game that he is doing and stops the development? wtf?

How about if Prodatron let Symbos in version 1.0 when he got (a lot) of negativity from one user of this forum not so long ago?

How about the M4 board? I'm sure that Duke had some negative post too... what about no M4 board?

What about no M4 board no symbos 3.0 this monday?

I'm sure Gryzor is tired about negative posts about the forum... how about to close the forum too?

See what i'm trying to say? Without YOU guys we are NOTHING, the cpc itself without you are nothing nowadays!

WE NEED YOU AND THE CPC NEED YOU!!

tjjq44

Did anyone thought about Zelda theme on cpc?

tastefulmrship

Zombie Pacman music (by Notorious/Insane^Scoopex)

tastefulmrship

Chimera C64 title music (by Rob Hubbard)... and the rasters work on CPCe! ^_^

tastefulmrship

I always liked the ingame music for Hero Quest, but also thought it could really do with a little tweaking here and there. I realise that there are memory and frametime constraints, but this is 128kb for God's sake! No-one will ever need more than 128kb!

Anyway, my conversion of the Hero Quest ingame music (by Barry Leitch).

tastefulmrship

Quote from: tjjq44 on 23:46, 03 November 16
Did anyone thought about Zelda theme on cpc?
Well, here's a pretty BASIC version of the tune.

This single-filer uses Madram's AYC player rather than the usual Arkos player. This is because Arkos simply refused to convert either the .SKS or .AKS to .BIN, which is interesting as STarkos converts the .SKS with no issues.
Anyway, attached is the Nintendo Zelda Theme... finally!

EDIT: Corrected by Targhan... I made a mistake by accessing a non-defined instrument!

Targhan

QuoteThis is because Arkos simply refused to convert either the .SKS or .AKS to .BIN

Wow, this is quite strange, could you provide me with the SKS file so that I can have a look as to why it didn't work (PM me)? Thanks !
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

tastefulmrship

This is a little project I started in late 2015, but due to "personal issues" I never got around to finishing it. It was supposed to have all sorts of funky stuff on-screen... but, instead, you get this boring text that I cobbled together this morning and some pretty generic rasters (even by my standards!)

The musicdisk works 100% on WinAPE, JavaCPC and my now-near-dead CPC6128, but should work on any configuration of real-hardware (ie, it doesn't do anything useful to confuse different CPC models)... however, it doesn't work exactly 100% on CPCe194 (due to a cheaty use of a HALT command instead of actually counting NOPs per frame!). Anyway, the music is the important part of it all and I hope you enjoy one/some/all of my AY interpretations of GEMINI's Amiga chiptunes!

Be seeing you!
- SuTeKH/Epyteor...

tastefulmrship

The C64 classic "Thrust" by Rob Hubbard; taken from an Amiga .mod remake by Beldoroon and tacked onto various PSG registers by me.
Works better on real hardware as all emulators really don't like flip-screen palettes!

Scarlettkitten

Just heard your version of Parallax, brilliant :) <3
Sophie Rose:- My musical works https://soundcloud.com/sophierosemusics

tastefulmrship

tastefulmrship

A very early finish at work today, so I did this to pass the time!

(Converted from the Amiga .mod file by AIX, downloaded from AMP)

Grim

Totally dig your HQ ingame cover!

A long, long time ago, in this galaxy, Crown/BENG also did a cover of that music. He managed to get an overall more creepy tone which fits the music well (alas his "sprooochsss" and "spraaatch" sounds for percussions were just terrible imo). If you haven't heard it, you can find it (amongst many other Amiga covers) in BadMag 2 (press the M key to change the music).

Edit: fixed link to CPC-Power.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Grim on 11:10, 10 August 17
A long, long time ago, in this galaxy, Crown/BENG also did a cover of that music. He managed to get an overall more creepy tone which fits the music well (alas his "sprooochsss" and "spraaatch" sounds for percussions were just terrible imo). If you haven't heard it, you can find it (amongst many other Amiga covers) in BadMag 2 (press the M key to change the music).
That's a nice version of the tune, indeed. I wanted something nice and clean and orchestral (or as close to orchestral as you can get in 3 channels) to give it that Medieval-esque feel... but, as always, I failed miserably! ^_^

Anyway, here's a quick version Triace's B2B6 tune from the AmigaOCS demo of the same name released a few weeks ago at DATASTORM'17.
It's a little "tinny", but I think it nearly works! Enjoy!

tastefulmrship

Another sterile AY-style transfer without originality from me!
The rasters don't work on anything other than WinAPE, but I don't really care! ^_^

tastefulmrship

My first sterile AY-style transfer without originality for 2018 is a "sample" version of the Amiga Klax title tune by Matt Furniss!
The background screen is a CPCnorm recoloured GX4K Klax cart screen!

tastefulmrship

@Krusty; Wow! Thanks for doing that script! I fear my music is not worthy of your time and effort, but it is appreciated, nonetheless! ^_^

Ok, another music converted by me for 2018! The Amiga NETHERWORLD title music by Nigel Pritchard. I always thought the ST:01 tune was nice, but nowhere near as atmospheric as J Dave Roger's 10-bar AY tune!
Background screens are; a recolour of the C64 screen and a little retouched CPC screen.

krusty_benediction

A new version able to download all the files of this thread.Could easily be modified for other kind of playlists (onefile demo, music of other artists, pictures, ...)
https://github.com/cpcsdk/cpcwifi_player
I'll try to update it each time i see a new song here