News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

WinApe Memory Full

Started by professor6153, 14:20, 09 April 24

Previous topic - Next topic

professor6153

I wanted to thank Jean-Marie again for taking time out to help yesterday.  The solution presented completely worked thus far - and I've been able to continue play with the game.  The game is odd in that the use of a save state on the emulator is a detriment.  The game seems to "check" and look at real saved positions in order to open up future levels in the game.  Very unique.  I had some time and energy in translating and learning the game and didn't want to discard what I had started based on a technical hurdle.  I am truly appreciative.  I set out to play every single RPG in the order in which they were published.  I started with PLATO games in 1975 and I am currently playing games now that were published in 1984.  Tyrann is the first French RPG and also the first French game that I've played.  I already had completed an initial blog post on Tyrann and wanted to continue with the game to the point of completion if I could.  So myself and my blog thanks Jean Marie and EVERYONE ELSE who also took time and energy to help with my dilemma.  What an amazing supportive community here.  I have a blog that documents my journey as well as a website that is a labor of love.

Here is the link to my blog post on Tyrann which marks the 228th game in my journey

Game #228: Tyrann (1984) – Retro Games Trove

andycadley

Good to hear you got it working. 

professor6153

Jean-Marie held my hand and worked me through it otherwise I'd have continued to struggle.  Great community here

Jean-Marie

You're welcome! If you're stuck, you can find the maps of all levels here :
https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&onglet=plan&num=2326
I was a big fan of RPG back in the heydays, but I couldn't find Tyrann in the stores. I had Mandragore (the french Ultima), but never managed to solve its puzzles.

CPCBEGIN

Try another emulator in classic 464 mode without AMSDOS.
Retro & opensource