Author Topic: arnold wip  (Read 19319 times)

Offline Aeliss

• CPC464
  • Liked: 8
Re: arnold wip
« Reply #160 on: 19:17, 05 January 18 »
The speed problem is clearly visible on burning rubber ? I m comparing with youtube video, I don't see something visible (I don't have real machine to test).

I don't see no more how to implement a multithreading mode because the arnold core is "sequencial", we have data for sound in same time than for data for crtc for exemple. The Kevin Core is logic for me, if the emulation go slow at a moment all should be slow down (in theory).
The problem is not the sound buffer is filled slower than it is read, it s the sound buffer is not filled at same speed than the total core. For the same frame with the same number of cycle I can't undersatand why I have sometime a size buffer of 3528 and an other 3524, and never 3532.

The better way I see is synchronise the emulation on the sound core (It's a mode you can see in lot of emulator). Instead of using cycle = 19968 use Sound_buffer_size = 3528 to check a complete frame.
With this tips, I m sure to make a code without sound problem, but for me it s not accurate at all, and  IDK that it can imply on the rest of core taht need perfect synchronisation(eg raster, interrupt, ect ...)

For information I m using it on window, I have too a version with directsound, the sound bug is less visible but still present.
« Last Edit: 19:26, 05 January 18 by Aeliss »

Offline roudoudou

• 464 Plus
    • urban exploration
  • Liked: 505
« Reply #161 on: 15:51, 09 April 18 »
Hi Kevin, is the link http://www.cpctech.org.uk/arnoldsrc.zip containing the last version?

Have you made a quick procedure in order to compile it with Linux?

I saw it uses wxWidget, libSDL, other???

Thanks
use RASM, the best assembler ever made :p

I will survive

Offline roudoudou

• 464 Plus
    • urban exploration
  • Liked: 505
« Reply #162 on: 22:22, 12 April 18 »
I compiled a working version of Arnold
But still dont know if its the last one  ;D
use RASM, the best assembler ever made :p